PDA

View Full Version : Jedi-SDL & Lazarus?

BojZ
17-12-2004, 01:22 PM
Have not spent much time looking for tutorials/documentation/references.

Does ne1 know about a nice starting point for a beginner?

BojZ

cairnswm
18-12-2004, 02:57 AM
I found getting JEDI-SDL working in FreePascal very easy to do. Look at the Bomber demo - its basically the core of what I used to get going.

Somewhere in these forums is a link to my S2DL libraries - they are a simple way into JEDI-SDL on FreePascal.

BojZ
22-04-2005, 10:03 AM
10x cairnswm, will try them out.

BojZ

WILL
10-07-2005, 02:54 AM
Hey i've just started trying to give Lazarus a go and it seems that it is having difficulty with the Shooting Demo...

It says that it cannot find the unit 'logger' yet I've included it in the path and when I right click on the instance of the word 'logger' under my uses clause and choose 'Find Declaration' it pops open a window and shows the exact file it was saying it couldn't find. Whats going on here???

I already have the JEDI-SDL folder's path added to the CodeTools options under 'General'. Am I missing something?

cairnswm
11-07-2005, 04:12 PM
I put all my sdl pas files into a single directory. I find its the easiest way to get it working.

WILL
12-07-2005, 12:02 AM
You know... that just makes too much sense.... :scratch:

I wonder why Dom doesn't do it like that? Maybe it's a development issue? I can't see how. Maybe something to be suggested for ease of developing with Free Pascal and Lazarus? It can't hurt Delphi users any. In fact one less path to add just as you would have for Lazarus anyhow. And then you can have the OpenGL and ODL stuff seperate.

I'll have to see if this will solve my problem though. It might be some strange Lazarus bug or something I'm not doing right.

IaxFenris
05-03-2006, 04:01 PM
Hi,
the topic is a bit old but it describes exactly the problem I have at the moment.

I have successfully set up the free pascal compiler, sdl libraries and Jedi-SDL header on Linux (Suse 10). Now I want to use Lazarus as IDE. Whenever I set up a jsdl project I first add the header-paths under Project->Compiler Options.
In the first field I add all paths (e.g.: to SDL/Pas, SDL_Image/Pas...), in the second I only add the path to SDL/Pas and I check the delphi compatibility mode on the second tab.

With these options I am able to compile programs using sdl with Lazarus. The problem is, when I use another unit beside the standard SDL, for example SDL_Image, the source code completion goes berserk.

For example if I include SDL_Image in my project and hit Ctrl+Space anywhere in my sourcecode, Lazarus opens the sdl_image unit and jumps to

{$I jedi-sdl.inc}

Is this a common problem or have I made mistake when configuring lazarus?