PDA

View Full Version : Audio

cairnswm
18-12-2004, 03:18 AM
I just bought a Soundcard and the software to go with it. also a mizer and a condenser microphone. I cannot believe how much it cost me - basically as much as a newly rerleased graphics card.....

I'll see if I can write some articles on my experieces working with the stuff.

I bought:
Cubase System 2 - comes with its own external sound card
Eurorack 1002 (mixer)

I need them for a game I am doing that is for small kiddies and needs proper voice instructions on how to play. A normal mic just doesn't have the right quality. [This game will be commercial - I have demos scheduled early Jan with a quite large SA company]

WILL
14-05-2006, 12:13 PM
Hey looky what I found. :twisted:

I wonder if I can get away with holding you to this one... ;)

Traveler
14-05-2006, 04:29 PM
ohw, that's mean :twisted:

Nitrogen
14-05-2006, 05:46 PM
Ouch! Dude, you may have gone *slightly* overboard there ;)

Cubase is one of the more proffesional/elite music making software packages you can find, and is used by the industry bigwigs to do studio mixing and such...

I'm sure a good condenser mic and an Audigy would have suited your purposes just fine, but this will certainly do the job too! :)

cairnswm
14-05-2006, 08:34 PM
Well actually I never got it wokring right :( It's been sitting in the cupboard under piles of Game CDs for a good while now!

Anyway - next week I get a new PC and I was thinking of getting my sound studio up and running on it :) - I didn't make any sound effects for my latest LD48 entry because it wasn;t working. No promises but theres stilla maybe :)

The game I was working on at the time never got the support it needed and I didn;t push it far enough.

WILL
15-05-2006, 01:36 AM
Well it certanly will draw any potential local sound and musician gurus to come and work for ya. ;)

If you ever do get around to getting this going, let me(us here) know. :)