PDA

View Full Version : Disabling Delphi IDE debugging shortcut keys

Michalson
01-12-2002, 02:38 PM
I'm working on an app right now, which includes a menu with some shortcut keys. One of the shortcut keys is F12 (this *cannot* change, I'm doing an overhaul of an old app and F12 was a very commonly used shortcut. If I change it people will moan for months). However when I debug the app and try using F12 it will stop execution and present the CPU debugger window. When run stand alone this obviously doesn't happen (the key does what it's supposed to do), however for sake of my sanity while debugging is there any way to disable either just the F12 debug key, or if needed all the debugger shortcut keys.

Alimonster
01-12-2002, 09:06 PM
I'm a little confused - F12 doesn't do that on my Delphi! It toggles the forms/unit.

You could try installing GExperts (www.gexperts.org) and then use its "IDE Menu Shortcuts" feature. Find the relevant thing and assign it a different shortcut.

Michalson
01-12-2002, 09:12 PM
F12 does the toggling while in edit mode, however when you are in debugging mode (after selecting run), if you hit F12 it will pause the program and bring up the CPU window (I've confirmed this with a blank project. After select run if I hit F12 it will stop and show the CPU window, if I hit it again it will toggle, since it is in edit mode).

cairnswm
02-12-2002, 04:28 PM
If you go into the Tools menu and select debugging options, then turn off integrated debugging it no longer does this. However it also doesn't allow you to debug anymore :) No breakpoints watches etc......

ggs
08-05-2003, 02:02 PM
Your out of luck.

The F12 key triggering a breakpoint is a biult in feature of the win 32 debugging subsystem. When ever you have any debugger attached to a process via the win32 debugginDetg API, F12 will always trigger a breakpoint. This is implemented at the kernal level, like Ctl-Alt-Del.

Add code to detect when a debugger is attached to a process (IsDebuggerPresent), and just remap what F12 does in the application while the debugger is attached.

Also under windows XP, it is posible to unattach a debugger without killing the debugged process.

Sly
08-05-2003, 10:51 PM
You'll find the same thing in Visual Studio as well.