PDA

View Full Version : Organization and Development Team of FPC

WILL
29-12-2004, 09:00 PM
Ok, I know this may be received as a silly question, but the information provided on the Free Pascal site is not as transparent about the make-up of the development contributors or the dedicated team it's self, being as it's an open source project.

So enough about the site... here's the question; FPK is the man incharge(or co-ordinator), but who else is involved and how are they working on it and how does one get involved in the Free Pascal compiler's development?

Almindor
31-12-2004, 12:04 PM
I suggest you go ask them yourself at #fpc on irc.freenode.net.
From what I cought and seen it would seem they got their worked chopped up to specific parts of which one or more people are "chiefs".
Mostly these are the core developers(holy eight ;D).
I don't think there's a single boss. They just agree on the mailing lists mostly and it goes in.

But i'm a mere user so don't listen to my rant here and go see yourself ;-)

marcov
31-12-2004, 12:12 PM
Ok, I know this may be received as a silly question, but the information provided on the Free Pascal site is not as transparent about the make-up of the development contributors or the dedicated team it's self, being as it's an open source project.

See "authors" page. Some newer members have not added yet, but are typically maintainers of new OSes.

So enough about the site... here's the question; FPK is the man incharge(or co-ordinator), but who else is involved and how are they working on it and how does one get involved in the Free Pascal compiler's development?

See "authors" page on the site, with a lot of names and some pics. I'm the last one on that page. The rough area of expertise is also mentioned.

Getting involved is easy, and typical for open source projects: send a lot of patches, and you will be asked to join because they get tired of applying your patches. Membership roughly consists out of a commit bit (source write access) and access to internal list.