PDA

View Full Version : Your message has been entered successfully

Sly
05-01-2005, 11:56 AM
Every other phpBB-based forum that I have used has a timeout on the 'Your message has been entered successfully' page that automatically redirects to the message that was just posted after about five seconds. I noticed that this forum does not do that. Is this a setting in the phpBB software somewhere?'

WILL
05-01-2005, 12:04 PM
There is an issue with some of the PHP script. You'll notice the 'Could not open' text too. I'm going to try to work these out over the next couple of weeks. Just hang in there till then. ;) It'll get fixed eventually. I have a lot of work cut out for me at the moment.

Cheers!

Useless Hacker
05-01-2005, 05:38 PM
Perhaps we could have an option to send the user directly back to the thread view if the posting was successful, since it seems a bit redundant?

WILL
06-01-2005, 01:08 AM
Hmm... yeah... I'd have to take a look into the actual phpBB code, but it is possible.

savage
06-01-2005, 12:28 PM
I know this will probably sound strange, but I think this problem may be caused by having a spurious carriage return on the last line of some .php files and or include files. That is what caused the blank space at the top problem when we first went live, and I think that it may also be responsible for this problem as well, though I have not had the time to prove it.