PDA

View Full Version : a server and his protocol.. by me!

djhell
05-01-2005, 03:46 PM
hi! i'm a new meber, i had know only today this forum, i'll want meet You my project...
i had created a main-server, it contain the name of the servers created around the world....
a server contain all the players connected in this server... to connect in a server, you must login in my website with a little register procedure...
all the player can show the stats of the played game, in internet, in fact, anyuser, can show a table of the games...
a server must register in my website, then it can start and accept the player. all the player connected can speak with other player and then dispute a match with a game selected.
the server can understand if the player had or not had the game installed and if it's installed the game start.. the server can connect the player only using a parameter to the game exe... example.... if i had a game called prince, the exe is pr.exe... i must made the exe with 2 parameters, the game must be a P2P multiplayer game, and with the parameters, it can be initialized to the server and the client can connect automatically... (pr.exe -server -port:1111.. OR pr.exe -ip:192.168.0.1 -port:1111) with this comand, you can create only one exe for the game and the server start automatically the game and the players can also play without knowing the server's ip... this system can increment the players that play becouse this system hide the command, example the ip....
all the match's winner is saved in a database and in the website are all the player's statistics...
you can download my ITALIAN presentation, in a short time i'll ultimate the website and i'll open this...
all this are completely free...
http://djhell.altervista.org/DOWNLOAD/Tesina_DJH.rar
this is the presentation....