PDA

View Full Version : collision detection library

{MSX}
08-01-2005, 04:38 PM
Hi! I was searching for a collision detection library. Anyone knows about any?

I've found this one: http://photoneffect.com/coldet/ but it's in C++.. Does a pascal translation exists ? It seems to be very easy to use.

Thanks

Huehnerschaender
08-01-2005, 07:07 PM
High,

if you are just searching for collision detection and no response to this detection you might want to take a look at the fastgeo-unit from Arash Partow.

You can find his post in "My Projects" category in this forum.

The unit provides many many algorithms and calculations for primitive objects (2D and 3D), including collision algorithms like point in sphere, quad in triangle etc.

I use it for my dog fight contest entry and it seems to work very well.

If you can find something interesting about seperating objects (circles, rectangles (also rotated), etc. in 2D, you would help me very much.

Greetings,
Dirk

tux
08-01-2005, 08:24 PM
i dont know about a pascal version of the one you posted {MSX} but newton can be used as a collision libry (seperate from the physics) and has delphi headers made by Sascha

{MSX}
09-01-2005, 10:14 AM
High,
if you are just searching for collision detection and no response to this detection you might want to take a look at the fastgeo-unit from Arash Partow.

I already use that unit... It's cool but it miss some key features.. For example it doesn't have the Triangle-Triangle intersection detection.. Also, from a tri-tri collider to a mesh-mesh collider there's a lot of work :P

Maybe if we could convert that ColDet to pascal.. it's very few code.. less than 10 file all about 4-5k.. what about that, Savage ? :P (hint, hint) :mrgreen:

{MSX}
09-01-2005, 10:19 AM
i dont know about a pascal version of the one you posted {MSX} but newton can be used as a collision libry (seperate from the physics) and has delphi headers made by Sascha

i don't like to import big libraries just to use small parts.. Also, newton works only on windows, and i'm developing mostly on linux. (ode would be better in the case)