PDA

View Full Version : Age of Empires 3 announced for 2005

tux
09-01-2005, 12:02 AM
Microsoft Game Studios and Ensemble Studios are proud to announce the return of the king of real-time strategy games: Age of Empires III is scheduled to ship in the second half of 2005. This will be the latest landmark release in the award-winning franchise that has sold a staggering 16 million units worldwide.

Age of Empires III will offer gamers the next level of realism, with advanced battle physics and unparalleled visual detail. The new game picks up where Age of Empires II: Age of Kings left off, placing gamers in the position of a European power determined to explore, colonize and conquer the New World. This time period features stunning scenes, from towering European cathedrals to courageous tribes of Native Americans, and spectacular combat with Industrial Age units like rifled infantry, cavalry and tall ships bristling with cannons.

read more ('http://www.ensemblestudios.com/MoreInfo.htm')
screenshots ('http://www.ensemblestudios.com/Age3SS0.html')

Sly
09-01-2005, 05:29 AM
Not sure what it's got to do with Pascal game development, but as always, the screenshots look damn cool. 8)

Huehnerschaender
09-01-2005, 09:35 AM
AoE III is programmed in Delphi :lol:

Just kidding...

TheLion
09-01-2005, 10:17 AM
I remember that one of the AoE games was written in Delphi, or at least one of the add-ons. Who knows they might write the 3rd part in Delphi as well! ;)

Sly
09-01-2005, 12:23 PM
Getting confused with Age of Wonders by Triumph Studios? They were written in Delphi. Age of Empires has always been written in C++.

WILL
09-01-2005, 12:36 PM
Microsoft using a Borland product rather than Borland using a Microsoft product. That'd be a marvel to see for sure. :lol:

Traveler
09-01-2005, 01:06 PM
I agree, screenshots look mighty nice. Although, they load terribly slow at the moment.

I'm with Sly though, I fail to see the relation with PGDev.

TheLion
09-01-2005, 02:08 PM
Getting confused with Age of Wonders by Triumph Studios? They were written in Delphi. Age of Empires has always been written in C++.

Didn't age of wonders use the Age of Empires engine? Okay I'm definately getting confused now! ;) hehe

WILL
09-01-2005, 02:18 PM
The idea is that look where games are going now a days... Just like we can eaily make a Quake 2 in any language we wish, it matters not what language the game was made in, but that it was made and look at it. :) It's pretty darn close to watching a CG movie.

PGD covers the gaming industry too so there is something to aspire to... it's of a distant relation, but it has some relivance to the cutting edge technology that is out there.