PDA

View Full Version : Lazarus gaming edition ;)

Lightning
13-01-2005, 07:06 PM
I hurd many of you guys say that you would like a Delphi Gaming Edition, well that probably won't happen but we could make Lazarus the favourite gaming IDE and various options like New->Game or library specific options and set CodeTools to generate a game skeleton using various libraries, we might even make 3D components for our OpenGL/D3D game interface, i'm a dreamer... :left: :toocool: but i think this is possible :alien: :spidey:

cairnswm
14-01-2005, 04:42 AM
What would I need to do to make something like this for my S2DL libraries?

I have a template file that is used as the 'main' program file. If this could be opened as the project file I could get this working really quickly.

WILL
14-01-2005, 05:47 AM
An excellent idea Lightning! :)

What types of features specific to game development would you suggest right off the bat?

:arrow: I'd like to have Linker Options for GBA! ;) And any other consoles that may get implimented in the future aswell.

:arrow: OpenGL, DirectX, GLScene, GLXTreme and JEDI-SDL specifc project files would be nice too. Seperated by 'Windows Only' and 'cross-platform' according to their compatability.

:arrow: Perhaps premade folders for the libraries would be handy too. ie. "fpc/lib/JEDI-SDL" or "fpc/lib/opengl", etc...

Hmm... not too many ideas at the moment. It'll come to me. :D

Lightning
14-01-2005, 09:37 AM
Well some guy posted on the Lazarus forums that GLScene is usable with Lazarus, i'm gonna try myself and tell you, if it doesn't i will use standard OpenGL/OpenAL.
From what i know not all Lazarus parts use forms but i think i can find my way trough the sources and add my options to the main code.