PDA

View Full Version : P-Robots

Komet
27-01-2005, 08:26 PM
Hi folks, thanks to the fabulous FPC I have brought back to life the old
programming game P-Robots, which consists in a battle among some robots whose behaviour is written in Pascal.
I am boring to play by myself with it, so does anybody here would spent a bit of your brain in this way? I know
there's no of trace of haunting graphic but sometimes it may be unnecessary... The stuff can be downloaded at
http://digilander.libero.it/borsa77/probots.html
to click on the link <pacchetto P-Robots> and even the site is in italian
documentation is in english.
Anyway all the comments about the code will be appreciate.

EmbranceII
29-01-2005, 01:08 AM
You mean it will work under FPC?I will give it a try and report back!;)
BTW why dont translate the site?

Komet
29-01-2005, 04:04 PM
You mean it will work under FPC?
Yes, either for Dos and Linux.

I will give it a try and report back!
Right, I provide a Ballantine's bottle for a bug 8) Look at whatsnew.txt in
doc directory for a list of improvements.

BTW why dont translate the site?
Because it's only an introduction for italian users and therefore it says nothing that documentation makes.

marcov
31-01-2005, 02:09 PM
You mean it will work under FPC?
Yes, either for Dos and Linux.

FreeBSD works too, will try linux/ppc tonight

Komet
01-02-2005, 01:09 PM
Actually I am curious about others ambients, I think you need to change in the code the precompiler directives IF LINUX in IF UNIX.

marcov
01-02-2005, 02:35 PM
Actually I am curious about others ambients, I think you need to change in the code the precompiler directives IF LINUX in IF UNIX.

Well, both those two occurances seem flawed anyway.

The first:

In this day and age, any textfile routine should accept all 3 forms of lineendings, on any platform. If the proper normal Pascal constructs (readln) had been used, this would have worked.

The second: There are even two mistakes in the second ifdef linux:

- {$ifdef linux or stdtxt} is equivalent to ifdef linux (everything after the second space is ignored)

- linedrawings are not dependant on OS, but on terminal. This is not as easily fixable though.

Komet
02-02-2005, 09:27 PM
In this day and age, any textfile routine should accept all 3 forms of lineendings, on any platform. If the proper normal Pascal constructs (readln) had been used, this would have worked.

The original routine also had a line buffer and works with one character at once, so the readln was unnecessary. Futhermore the modified routine takes care of the 3 forms, but the singles #10 and #13 without distintion.

There are even two mistakes in the second ifdef linux:
- {$ifdef linux or stdtxt} is equivalent to ifdef linux (everything after the second space is ignored)

Oh! You have gained whisky. :wink:

- linedrawings are not dependant on OS, but on terminal. This is not as easily fixable though

As bugged terminal is in Linux.. I love to shot towards fly with a big gun. :evil:

WILL
03-02-2005, 03:41 AM
Hi Komet, I must say nice project you have brewing here, any luckof some screenshots? Maybe you can post them in the Projects forum to get more attention?

Also, why not register as a member of PGD? All you require to do it activate via email and it's done. ;)

Welcome to PGD and I hope to see you visit the site often. :)

Komet
03-02-2005, 08:47 PM
Hi Komet, I must say nice project you have brewing here, any luckof some screenshots?
Thank you for trumpets. I do not have a grabber and for such PRob text style is not worthwhile.

Also, why not register as a member of PGD? All you require to do it activate via email and it's done.
Thank you for red carpet. I am here :)

Traveler
03-02-2005, 10:48 PM
Thank you for red carpet. I am here

Sssssh, you're not supposed to say that out loud!
Before we know it, all the new people want a red carpet. Making it all dirty with their muddy shoes, wearing it out they do. Can't have that! Oh no, it has to stay nice and clean. Yes, yes clean it must stay... :fuzzy: ahh my head,... I think I need to lay down for a while.... get some red..eh rest.... Yes I think that's best for now...

Legolas
04-02-2005, 07:15 PM
Maybe a "PGD P-Robots Competiton" could be nice :D

Komet
05-02-2005, 04:49 PM
Before we know it, all the new people want a red carpet.
Let's satisfied with a footbridge of spikes even, but at the end we want Buffy saying I love you.

Maybe a "PGD P-Robots Competiton" could be nice
I think it would be wonderful.
About a PGD involving the decision belongs to admins, however anyone can mail me his robot for a duel.