PDA

View Full Version : New PGD Site's Editor!

WILL
01-02-2005, 08:05 AM
I am glad to announce that PGD has a new Editor, Eriken! :D

The Editor is in charge of the writting team that authors them, publishing and quality control of these Articles aswell. He co-ordinates all of the series and topics that are featured on our site. All Writters and Proof-Readers are responsible to this person.

He is also in responsible for the management of the PGD Library, which is our local internet archive listing of locally reconstructed and remotely hosted articles, tutorials and other materials that relate to game development in all aspects the aspiring Pascal developer would encounter. And not just the programming side of things either. Consider it <u>your</u> reference guide for game development and industry.

I wish Eriken a wealth good times and good experiences as PGD's new Editor!

Robert Kosek
01-02-2005, 05:05 PM
Congrats Eriken! Find/Write us some good stuff!

Eriken
01-02-2005, 05:45 PM
Thanks.

What do you want? ;)
_____
Eriken

Robert Kosek
01-02-2005, 06:14 PM
Well, you know... stuff!? ;)

How about a tutorial on FPC and GL? I've been trying to work my way through it, and the going is a bit tough for me. I didn't have trouble in Delphi, since it was what everything was written for!

Eriken
01-02-2005, 07:56 PM
I'll dig up some stuff here and there, hopefully it'll be interesting.. The articles that are being made looks great so far ;)

In the meantime, about FPC and OpenGL.. have you seen this http://www.friends-of-fpc.org/tutorials/graphics/dlx_ogl/index.html?
_____
Eriken

Robert Kosek
01-02-2005, 08:17 PM
Yup, though it doesn't go as far as I'd like. Things like making a "mini" game, or a GLUT template ... etc.

Eriken
01-02-2005, 09:57 PM
Hehe, I guess you can find the links I can find around.. so if there aren't any around we might have to track down some FPC+OpenGL people and check with them :) I've written it down for further investigation.
_____
Eriken

Sly
01-02-2005, 10:44 PM
Erkien, i writ gud do u fink? Mebbe u could prof-reed this msg 4 me? :wink:

Eriken
01-02-2005, 10:52 PM
Of course you can write articles for us Sly, and of course I wont kill you if you have them ready by tomorrow.. Thanks for asking ;)

After decoding your text I understand that's what you really want ;)

Would be cool though wouldn't it? A Pascal-article the Aussie-way.. hehe.. "Gidday Mate!"
_____
Eriken

SnowBike
01-02-2005, 11:04 PM
Congratulations Eriken, it looks like WILL's announcement post is to be your first assignment! :P

Sly
01-02-2005, 11:17 PM
Here's an article that I wrote a couple of years ago.
Maze Solving (http://www.undu.com/Articles/000229a.html)
(yes, that's a URL, even though it still shows up the same as normal text)

WILL
02-02-2005, 03:03 AM
Very nice Sly. :) Looks like an AI tutorial to me *cough* *cough* *ahem* :roll: :D

TheLion
02-02-2005, 08:40 AM
Congratulations Eriken! :)

and Sly, would be cool to see you join the writers ranks! ;)

Eriken
02-02-2005, 12:09 PM
Snowbike: Will is from Canada.. I have to get some more experience to manage to help him ;) I could always ask him to get a crash-course at your place? Thanks :)

Sly: I read through it and all I wonder about is.. TinyDuck? Nice work btw, want to do more? ;)

WILL: you need some pills for that cough? ;)

TheLion: Thanks, how's that article coming along? ;)
_____
Eriken

Sly
02-02-2005, 10:17 PM
Sly: I read through it and all I wonder about is.. TinyDuck? Nice work btw, want to do more? ;)
Old email address. That article was written about six years ago. I used to be with an ISP here called BigPond. I had to think of a username and I thought, "What lives in a big pond?" A tiny duck. So my email address was tinyduck@bigpond.com. Then I got a free email address from a HotMail-like service called today.com.au and kept the 'tinyduck' bit. That email address is now no longer in use.

I'll try to think of some more articles to write up.