PDA

View Full Version : Xbox or other consols ??

Armand
09-12-2002, 12:13 AM
Is there any downloadable sdks for delphi for them that anybody knows of?
I'm looking for the usuall.

Xbox
PS2
Game cube {maybe}

I've worked quite a bit with OpenGL and DX. I'm looking at maybe doing some consol stuff.

Armand.

Sly
09-12-2002, 08:16 AM
There are some homebrew packages you can download to develop for these consoles (Xbox and PS2 anyway), but you must have a development or debug kit (available only from the manufacturer if you are a registered developer and cost mucho $$$, in which case you have the official SDK anyway), or a hacked console (modchip installed). The official SDKs are all in C and C++ and the unofficial SDKs are all in C and C++. GameCube requires special hardware, once again only available from Nintendo.

Armand
09-12-2002, 11:27 PM
Bugger,

Thought it might be something like that/this.
I was hopeing to getaway from purchasing an SDK from a manfactuer.
{I don't know how, but it was a hope}.

Thanks Sly for the info.

BlueCat
10-12-2002, 06:54 PM
Apparently, you can use SDL (http://www.delphi-jedi.org/Jedi:TEAM_SDL_HOME:16675) on Playstation 2, however how you'd actually do that I've no idea :cry:

But you'd probably find that *someone* wants money from you, of course :evil:

Armand
10-12-2002, 11:01 PM
Hmmm,

SDL you say. I've used that.. {On Linux using C} but he, Shouldn't be too different. :wink:

But you'd probably find that *someone* wants money from you, of course

Isn't there always someone..

Thanks from info BlueCat..

Armand

Sly
11-12-2002, 03:45 AM
Sony have released a PS2 Linux kit. As far as I know, it is only available in Japan and the US in limited numbers. That is where the SDL port would work fine.

balog
11-12-2002, 10:01 AM
The PS2 Linux kit has been released here in Australia as well.

In regard to developing code for PS2, it's a little different. Because of the architecture of the PS2 CPU/GPU/Sound processor, everything has to be done in parallel.

Philth
12-12-2002, 07:08 PM
XBox SDK is easy, just use DirectX and you're set.

Armand
13-12-2002, 12:14 AM
XBox SDK is easy, just use DirectX and you're set.

I was under the impression that it was a special version of it called the XDK.
I didn't think It was that easy.

Armand

Sly
13-12-2002, 03:36 AM
You are right. It is called the XDK and it costs money. Programming for consoles is never easy. You have to think and plan a lot more carefully than you usually do with PC software. Mind you, you should also plan carefully when creating PC software, but that's another story related to the general shoddiness of PC software these days.

Armand
13-12-2002, 04:30 AM
You are right. It is called the XDK and it costs money. Programming for consoles is never easy
<snip>
Mind you, you should also plan carefully when creating PC software, but that's another story related to the general shoddiness of PC software these days.

1. thought so. {or at least thats what Id read.}
2. Here here. {thought try explaning that to a manager.}

Armand