PDA

View Full Version : Missing news items and posts...

savage
17-02-2005, 08:12 AM
Hi All, we seem to have a lost a few news items and posts when the MySQL DB was restarted. Please bare with me as I try and find out what happened and how we can stop this happening again.

ADDITIONAL INFO from my ISP:
<blockquote>Hello Dominique,
The main problem has been identified as a quota overflow in one of the server partitions. The server crashed when an attempt was made to write to the user/password file and the file could not be re-saved. As this file is absolutely critical the server could not be re-started. As the area of risk has now been identified steps have been taken to guarantee that it will not happen again.
The only option was to restore from the last reliable back up which turned out to be about a week old I believe. As far as I can ascertain, it will not be possible to recover data from the intervening period. All I can say is that I apologise.</blockquote>

I must also apologise that this has happened and we will be trying to stop this happening again by doing out own backups as well. So, if you have registered between Feb 9th and Feb 16th, then PLEASE re-register as chances are that your information was lost!

Eriken
17-02-2005, 08:12 PM
Can I read that as "Working on getting the missing bits back" or "The stuff missing is lost, but hopefully it wont happen again" ?

Might have to order a few people around if it's gone for good.. hehe :)
_____
Eriken

Incubii
17-02-2005, 10:08 PM
Well i havent read the hosting contract but by the sounds of whats happened this is a breach of contract on their end and thus would hve to reimburse the purchaser of said service since the service was not delivered at an acceptable level

WILL
20-02-2005, 08:54 PM
Sadly, this means that we have lost everything since the 8th. However we will work to back as much of it as we can.

If there was a particular news item you want back online, please drop me a PM with as muchinformation about it as you can and I'll try to get it back up there.

Sorry for any inconvieniance. :?

cairnswm
21-02-2005, 05:42 AM
Good thing I write all my articles off line and load them only when I want them published. The two articles that went missing with the crash have been loaded again.