PDA

View Full Version : TREEmagik Plus Released For Free

Sly
22-02-2005, 03:14 AM
For those interested in making trees, here is some news I found on Gamasutra.

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=4987
Aliencodec has announced that the original TREEmagik Plus tree generator utility has been released for free download, now that it has been superceded by the company's current retail product, TREEmagik-G2.

TREEmagik Plus lets users compile and export high detail, low poly trees for use in games development. It includes a collection of photo-realistic textures and mesh, and material to create approximately 33,000 types of trees.

Users can save trees to DirectX or Blitz Basic format for easy loading inside projects. In addition, an easy to use editor allows for building sophisticated tree layouts in just a few clicks, and the textures and tree mesh are optimized for game usage while maintaining a high detail look.

Download TREEmagik Plus from here
http://www.aliencodec.com/products/treemagik_plus/index.php

WILL
22-02-2005, 04:08 AM
Hmm... this really isn't so off topic to be honest. Maybe I should make a Tools Forum to discuss things like 3D design programs and other useful utilities that can be used to make games with. :)

I'll make a news post of this as it would be most useful to alot of game developers...

Sly
22-02-2005, 05:09 AM
I was wondering where to post a potential news item, so as a fallback I posted it here. I knew someone would see it. :)

WILL
22-02-2005, 06:24 AM
As you can see, I have made a news post of this. Very nice tool indeed! ;)

Admitidly off-topic:

Ah.. well you have to be staff to post news... I could easily add you as staff if you wish to become a staff member and you can make news posts. :) Same with writting articles and adding content to the Library. These things are normally done through the PGD Staff. PM or email it to the appropriate people and we'll take care of it.

I will in the near future try to make who is in-charge of what more clear so that information can be passed a bit better.

Traveler
22-02-2005, 07:53 AM
A great find Sly!
I wonder if it can be used for 2d too. I suppose you'd need a seperate renderer for that. I'll have a look into it.

Sly
22-02-2005, 11:32 PM
I was "staff" for long enough on turbo. I'm happy just to sit back, find bits of interest and let you guys know about them. :)