PDA

View Full Version : Musical Interests

Crisp_N_Dry
23-02-2005, 08:37 PM
I'm pretty sure this topic hasn't come up before on here so I figured I might as well inquire as to your musical tastes. Music is something we all enjoy to at least some degree so what genres/bands/artists float your boat? I shall begin with my own tastes which mostly revolve around punk rock. The obvious ones are in there like Sex Pistols, The Clash, X-Ray Spex but it's not just the UK stuff I like. There's Circle Jerks, The Germs, Dead Kennedys, Propagandhi, Flogging Molly, Dropkick Murphys, Bad Religion, Black Flag. Damn there's too many to mention. Anyway, what sort of stuff are you guys into?

JSoftware
23-02-2005, 09:15 PM
Procul Harum, Led Zeppelin, Simon and Garfunkel, Suzie Quattro, Roy Orbison, Sex Pistols, various Norwegian and Finnish metal(death/black) bands

:toocool: 8)

czar
23-02-2005, 10:17 PM
Frank Zappa, Captain Beefheart, White Stripes, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Rammstein, Ministry, Buzzcocks, Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, David Bowie, Ween, Velvet Underground, Dead Moon (Awesome band), System of a down, Violent Femmes, PJ Harvey, Beck, Shellac, Big Black, The Fall, the Residents, Tito Schipa, Duke Ellington, Gillian Welch, Stooges,

I better stop there,

I suppose I tend to listen to just about anything except top 40 pop.

Punk, Metal, Blues, Jazz, Opera, alternative etc etc, even some country ;)

savage
24-02-2005, 02:09 PM
I listen to anything but country. I can't stand country.
eg.
They Might be Giants, Bjork ( a veritable genius ), Cake, Mile Davis, EverClear, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Cold Play, Jamiroquoi, Beethoven, Chopin, Mozart, Queen , Australian bands like Powder Finger, Pwei, Midnight Oil even Silver Chair, R&B, Cypress Hill, some older rappers like LL Cool J, Ice T ( before CSI :) and loads more different styles.

I hope my son ends up liking an eclectic range of music rather than just pop.

Sly
24-02-2005, 09:56 PM
So, how many people here actually know what PWEI stands for? :)

Ice T is in Law & Order: SVU, not CSI. I much prefer his acting to his attempts at singing. :D

WILL
24-02-2005, 10:08 PM
I like dance, techno... not the boring crap, but the good stuff. Remixed 80 tunes are nice sometimes. Of course 80's rock, U2, Nam tunes (cuz I'm in the military ;), and a wee bit of Modern rock though I'm not too crazy about all of it.

HipHop is NOT Dance music! I just have to make sure that is said, because too many kids nowadays think it is... :?

Jungle, Rap, HipHop, House, Country, Polka, etc I don't care for.

TheLion
25-02-2005, 08:33 AM
I listen to all kinds of music, but you won't find much rap and hiphop in my music collection... I'm a huge fan of Pop, Rock and Celtic Music and my Favorite bands/artists include: The Corrs, Norah Jones, Katie Melua, Rolling Stones, AC/DC, The Corries, Bruce Springstene, SugaBabes, Nelly Furtado, Pink, Sophie Ellis Bextor, Roxette, Paul Simon, Nina Simone, Dire Straights (and Mark Knopfler Solo), Great Big Sea, The Dubliners, Creedence Clearwater Revival (CCR), Doe Maar, Belle Perez, The Carpenters, The Chieftains, Beegees, and many many more!

Paulius
25-02-2005, 09:09 AM
I love everything from Iron Maiden, Nightwish and Lacuna Coil to Dark Funeral, Graveworm and Mayhem.