PDA

View Full Version : not my project but worth a look..

JernejL
23-02-2005, 10:26 PM
"TSS" Tokyo game engine, scripting and source code

the game, all of its files and the source code can be
used freely for any BUT harmful and commercial purposes

the game engine was developed entirely with borland delphi
by aukiogames.

i host the files:
http://www.gtatools.com/tss/

http://www.gtatools.com/tss/tss.jpg

it is a gta3-like game made entirely in delphi.

the source code is availible, go and learn from it :)

Traveler
23-02-2005, 10:31 PM
Wow :shock:

WILL
23-02-2005, 10:38 PM
Nice, I'm posting it real soon. ;)

czar
23-02-2005, 11:22 PM
Mighty impressive.

How come there is now mention of the source code on their own website?

Has anyone managed to compile the code?

Traveler
24-02-2005, 08:55 AM
Yes, I've tried. Unfortunately it didn't work for me :(

First, Direct3D8.pas gave quite a few errors but I managed to fix those with the version from Clootie.
Then there was an error about a missing DateUtils unit, I suppose its from a newer Delphi version, so I removed it for now.
Next problem was something with fmod, but that was easily fixed.
Again a missing G2Script unit.

This is where I gave up. I'll give it another try with Delphi 7 later today.

NecroDOME
24-02-2005, 10:10 AM
Damn... it's realy sweet :D

savage
24-02-2005, 01:58 PM
Very nice indeedy.

JernejL
24-02-2005, 08:37 PM
Yes, I've tried. Unfortunately it didn't work for me :(

First, Direct3D8.pas gave quite a few errors but I managed to fix those with the version from Clootie.
Then there was an error about a missing DateUtils unit, I suppose its from a newer Delphi version, so I removed it for now.
Next problem was something with fmod, but that was easily fixed.
Again a missing G2Script unit.

This is where I gave up. I'll give it another try with Delphi 7 later today.

it is delphi 7 app i told you..

and about missing units - tell me, i'll ask them about those.

czar
24-02-2005, 09:39 PM
All references to g2script are missing.

Sly
25-02-2005, 05:23 AM
That rocks. I especially like it when you go off into the hills, then come back to the town and there are about a hundred pedestrians on the closest sidewalk. *thud* *thud* *thu-thu-thu-thu-thu-thud* Or hitting a hill at full speed and the bits from the car go in every direction at once.

Once we find g2script.pas, it will be fun to make changes and additions to it.

Traveler
25-02-2005, 08:28 AM

Very true.

But what about the tools to create new content? It would be very cool if we could make new cars and buildings too

savage
25-02-2005, 09:53 AM
I also had a play last night and this engine has a real potential.

If you could jump out of the car and do some Syndicate style Gauss gun spraying of passer's by and add a few police and gang members and your are on your way.

I hope the Team go on to do bigger and better things with Object Pascal in the game arena :).

Sly
25-02-2005, 11:50 AM
I worry about you sometimes, savage. :)

Have you found the lady pedestrian that follows your car around?

I've taken a brief look through the source, and it looks quite cool. Pity the model and map data is in a custom format. That will make it harder to add or change models. They used 3DS Max to create the models (gathered from the first 32 bytes of the tokyo.map file where it has a .max filename), and the rest of the .map file is zip compressed.

Their map object creates 65,536 TList objects in the constructor. I wouldn't really call that efficient.

JernejL
25-02-2005, 08:13 PM

Very true.

But what about the tools to create new content? It would be very cool if we could make new cars and buildings too

uhh here is the rest about the project:

the tools to create the content won't be released, it is A3D object converter,
won't be availible so i'm affraid that you'll have to make your own tools,
altrough i don't think they would mind if i give you some example files
before they were converted.. but best solution to this is to implement
completely new model formats and change graphical engine to opengl
if you want to port it to linux..

basicly the tss project was their first project and is currently not
developed any further, thats why you have the sources (altrough
incomplete - i will try to fix that)

savage
25-02-2005, 09:01 PM
So is the engine based on the A3D Delphi code? If it is that is already working on Linux thanks to technomage who ported it to JEDI-SDL.

JernejL
25-02-2005, 09:13 PM
So is the engine based on the A3D Delphi code? If it is that is already working on Linux thanks to technomage who ported it to JEDI-SDL.

no.. A3D is aukio3d - their own tools for converting objects..

i got the g2script files, re-download the src.zip.

czar
26-02-2005, 12:03 AM
The source is complete and works and it is pretty cool. I know almost nothing about 3d programming so most goes over my head, but I would be pretty keen to start learning and see if I can make sense of how this sort of stuff is done.

Sly
26-02-2005, 07:09 AM
Oh, and the lady pedestrian waiting under the bridge that follows you around... she's naked. :shock:

Traveler
27-02-2005, 12:13 PM
Oh, and the lady pedestrian waiting under the bridge that follows you around... she's naked. Shocked

... and butt ugly too. But whats worse, she can't be killed! You drive right through her! Can you image the horror? :shock: An ugly, naked women chasing you till the end of times?! :fuzzy:

Sly
27-02-2005, 09:52 PM
I did get her killed once. Not quite sure how. She was following my car and then all of a sudden she died, possibly by being hit by an unseen car.

savage
27-02-2005, 11:01 PM
I still can't find her. Though if she is not good looking that may not be such a bad thing. Nothing worse than a stalker that is ugly to boot, though she probably has a great personality :).

Sly
27-02-2005, 11:24 PM
though she probably has a great personality :).
It's her polygonality that we're concerned about. :)

If you are facing the bridge, she's under the right-side ramp between two concrete posts.

savage
10-04-2005, 05:06 PM
So has anyone had the chance to play with the source yet? Any Syndicate type games coming out of this :)?

Traveler
10-04-2005, 08:37 PM
In this thread http://www.pgd.netstarweb.co... (http://www.pgd.netstarweb.com/viewtopic.php?t=1963&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0) the discussion continued. I believe the current issue is nolonger the sourcecode, but the fact that all objects where made with a custom editor.

savage
11-04-2005, 05:45 AM
I forgot about that thread.

JernejL
27-07-2005, 09:54 PM
anyone knows where is http://www.pgd.netstarweb.com/viewtopic.php?t=1963&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 now?

Paulius
27-07-2005, 10:08 PM
pgd.netstarweb replaced with pascalgamedevelopment, that is
http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com/viewtopic.php?t=1963&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Bart
28-07-2005, 04:44 PM
I managed to get into a house.

Traveler
29-07-2005, 07:48 AM
with or without a car?

Bart
29-07-2005, 01:13 PM
Without a car. There are a few posibilities to do it. Some houses doesn't have collision detection on their roof. You can also drive very close to a house with a car (the house should be on the right side). If you leave the car, you get into the house.