PDA

View Full Version : DelphiX?

TheLion
05-11-2002, 11:23 PM
Just wondering:
DelphiX related questions do they fall under DirectX related questions or is DirectX only for the JEDI-DirectX headers?

BlueCat
05-11-2002, 11:33 PM
A very good question! I would say as it stands, the 'DirectX Graphics' forum covers everything that is DirectX with Delphi involving graphics.

It depends on whether there's any benefit in having separate forums and although I'd like to just add a new forum, I think it makes more sense if we post a 'request' in 'Forums' and see what sort of feedback we get.

Don't know if this is overkill with so few members, what do you think?

It only takes a minute to set up a forum so I don't mind either way :) I'd just like it to be a 'community' decision

Alimonster
05-11-2002, 11:40 PM
I can't see the need for an extra forum, to be honest. Anyone else got an opinion about this?

(P.S. I'll try moving this thread for the hell of it. Gotta test my powers out sometime :). It's heading over to the "forums" bit).

TheLion
05-11-2002, 11:43 PM
I wouldn't call 17 member a few! ;)

I don't know, for starters we might be better of leaving it like it is and posting our DelphiX messages in the DirectX graphics forum, however the question is what will it cause over time, will we lose oversight or will the oversight stay about the same?

Another problem you might encounter in time is that you have a forum for every game component around: DelphiX, SDL, UnDelphiX, DGC and all that still has to come or what I don't know from!

But posting a poll/question in the "Forum" category might solve the endless loop of advantages and disadvantages... :)

In other words, I haven't got a clue either! :roll:

TheLion
05-11-2002, 11:49 PM
Aha, you used the Force AliMonster! :)
Nice...

Sorry about that, but I found out I posted my question in the wrong folder, after I posted it... no way back! :(
But luckily you have the magic to place it where it belongs!
Well done! :P

BlueCat
05-11-2002, 11:54 PM
I wouldn't call 17 member a few! ;)

Another problem you might encounter in time is that you have a forum for every game component around: DelphiX, SDL, UnDelphiX, DGC and all that still has to come or what I don't know from!

That's exactly what I thought when I suggested that we have a German language forum earlier today, we could end up with so many languages it would just be silly

But posting a poll/question in the "Forum" category might solve the endless loop of advantages and disadvantages... :)

In other words, I haven't got a clue either! :roll:

Which is why voting could be the answer. At least if none of us have a clue we can leave it to chance! Check out the announcement in this forum and vote with your mouse!

The best thing to do for now is post in whichever forum you think is most suitable. If we do add new forums we'll just move your post at the time.

Zanthos
06-11-2002, 04:06 PM
If you have a DirectX forum with half the posts being JEDI header related and the other half being (Un)DelphiX related, maybe a new forum would be advisable in that situation? :) but cross that bridge when you come to it :)