PDA

View Full Version : Link forum / Topic

TheLion
01-01-2003, 08:44 PM
I was thinking that it might be a good idea to open a topic or a forum where people can post links that really helped them learning something or just good articles that can help other game developers.

That way people can find links easily without having to look through a list of websites provided by google... Let me know what you think about it! :)

P.S. I know many sites have a links section, but with a forum we can collect several links on one site and we could encourage people that don't have a website (or don't have a links section) to post links to good tutorials/samples for others to see!

Shadowfax
02-01-2003, 02:32 AM
i think that is a great idea.. I haven't found many decent tutorials around the net, or source that is really helpful. So im for it :D

BlueCat
02-01-2003, 11:28 AM
You may remember I started a thread about a tutorials forum a (long) while ago, take a look at this (http://terraqueous.f2o.org/dgdev/viewtopic.php?t=83) thread and this (http://terraqueous.f2o.org/dgdev/viewtopic.php?t=95) one. The idea was to start a new thread for each tutorial with the actual tutorial as the first post and then members could post questions and comments. I still think it could work but the links idea would be easier.

I'd suggest we have one forum for both, maybe using the words 'resources' somewhere in the name :?: :?

Also, each new thread should have a specific topic, octrees for example. Then we can keep the links/tutorials grouped together. No need for any other rules :twisted:

So please post your ideas for the new forum's name and I'll set it up!

BTW Who thinks TheLion should be its mod? :wink:

TheLion
02-01-2003, 11:36 AM
I remember that thread and I liked your idea back then too, I started wondering what had become of the idea... :) If I'm correct you wanted to post entire tutorials on the forum right?

I like the idea of combining links and tutorials and I was thinking of the items with the subject and comment on the tutorial too, maybe even polls on how good the tutorial is or something like that! :)

Forum name ideas:
- Tutorials / Links (or vica versa: Links / Tutorials)
- What you always wanted to know
- Game Development Tutorials
- Information on several game programming subjects

BlueCat, your idea on the article post might be better than the links, since links change a lot and then you have deadlinks while when the article is featured entirely on this website then there wouldn't be a problem when the link changes, however the negative side is that updates of the article wouldn't be featured anymore... :( It both has pros and negs :)

BTW Who thinks TheLion should be its mod? ;)

:shock: :oops: :shock:
Look what I gotten myself into now, me always with my big mouth! ;)