PDA

View Full Version : Irrlicht Graphic Engine Port to Delphi / Freepascal

Specis
09-04-2005, 05:07 PM
Hello folks,

Ok ive already had a look at the .net version of irrlicht in Delphi 2005, nice graphics engine but the its not as feature complete as the none .net version.

Now i know most folk here seem to like to write there own graphic engine's from scratch, im not saying any method is better. i was just wondering if anyone has started porting the none .net version to delphi. Or if anyone would like to help me port it to delphi / freepascal.

Im asking because really i have no experiance for using C/C++ style classes in delphi its not something ive ever done. Im eager to give it a shot though, and if anyone has already started doing this i'd like to offer some help. If not id like to ask for some help :D even if its just a to a link related to using Classes in delphi etc.

savage
10-04-2005, 11:37 AM
Hi Specis,
C++ and Delphi are not really happy bed fellows. If Irrlicht had a C interface to it's API we would be laughing, but C++ and things like name mangling make it very difficult to use in Delphi. There is a tutorial on the internet that might help, but I can't find the link right now. When I do , I will post it here.