PDA

View Full Version : MDX 9.0c - Problem with textures & Fonts on other comput

CodeFreak
11-04-2005, 09:09 PM
I am using Managed DirectX 9.0c and .NET Framework 1.1 with Delphi 2005.

I have created a simple terrain rendering program. It is in full screen mode at 1024x768x32.

While on my computer (P4 2,4 - Gforce FX 5200) it works fine, when I try to run it on an other computer (P4 2.0 - Gforce MX 4000) it throws an an exception which says:

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
Proccess id = 0xf78 (3960), Thread id = 0x7a8 (1960).

Note that all directx allocation code is handling exceptions like this :

try
Tex := TextureLoader.FromFile(Dev, TexFilename);
except
on DXE: DirectXException do
begin
MessageBox.Show('Could not load texture. Error: ' + DXE.ErrorString);
Exit;
end;
end;

1. Shouldn't it display the message that I wrote, with the corresponding exception string ???? :roll:

After many hours of debuging, I realised that the problem occurs when I try to load textures, and/or when I try to create a D3D font like this :

MyFont := System.Drawing.Font.Create('Arial', 10.0);
try
FD3DFont := Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Font.Create(FD3DDevice, MyFont);
except on DXE: DirectXException do
begin
MessageBox.Show('Failed to create D3DFont. Error: ' + DXE.ErrorString);
Exit;
end;
end;

When I recompiled the program without the textures and the font, it worked perfectly on the other computer.

I don't think that it is a VGA issue, because I tried running the program in an other computer (P4 3.2 - ATI Radeon 7200) and I came up with the same error. :(

Note that in both 3 computers I have installed the same version of .NET framework 1.1, and Manged DirectX 9.0c (February 2005).

Can anyone help me with my problem ??? I would REALLY appriciate any help because I am stuck with this problem for 3 days now.... and as far as I know there is not an alternative way to load textures, or create a D3Dfont object :?

CodeFreak
14-04-2005, 06:01 PM
Updating to MDX 9.0c (April 2005) Mysteriously solved everything.

savage
14-04-2005, 09:34 PM
Hi CF,
I'm working on porting the DirectX Managed framework demos to Delphi.NET ( using April 2005 ). Have you ported any of the demos or are you starting from scratch?

CodeFreak
18-04-2005, 09:50 PM
Hi savage.
No I haven't done something like this and I really don't intend to, since I'm not interested in all of them. I examine the managed examples for C# or VB.NET and I try to work them out in Delphi, for my own reasons (writting a game of course).

I hope that you will do it. (some of them are quite advanced)
It will be most helpfull for the Delphi community.