PDA

View Full Version : Pascal Macro Compiler

contestcen
16-04-2005, 06:01 AM
The Pascal Macro Compiler is now available. The Pascal Macro Compiler is a preprocessor or code generator for Pascal. It can help to write more and better Pascal code with less effort. It is particularly good with complex expressions, unrolling loops, and code that gets repeated many times, but slightly different each time.

Sly
16-04-2005, 07:26 AM
It seems like a powerful product, with a somewhat strange syntax. This is from what I can tell from the examples given because it is a commercial product (US$79.95) and there is no trial version. Also, the email address to order it is invalid (not that I tried ordering it).

contestcen
17-04-2005, 05:44 AM
<< It seems like a powerful product, with a somewhat strange syntax. >> What do you find strange about the syntax? I made a great effort to make the syntax as close to standard Pascal as possible. The % signs are needed to distinguish macro statements from Pascal statements, since the macro compiler allows them to mix freely.

<< This is from what I can tell from the examples given because it is a commercial product (US$79.95) and there is no trial version. >> The site states that review copies will be made available. The full User Manual is available at www.pascalmacro.com so you can read all the details of the syntax.

<< Also, the email address to order it is invalid (not that I tried ordering it). >> You need to change the $ to @ This is a precaution to avoid getting spam.

WILL
17-04-2005, 06:58 AM
I have been eyeing this project for some time, but I somehow lost track of it's current state. I will be making a news post of it when I get some time durring the week.

Good to see you are making great progress with it. Please keep us informed about anything new. :)