PDA

View Full Version : Lazarus Users Welcome to The Site!

WILL
16-04-2005, 10:00 PM
This is officially your welcoming message to join in on discussions on the site all you Lazarus enthusiasts! :)

Lazarus is consistantly growing as fast as is Free Pascal it's self. I think that it's great that such projects have such involvedment and to that effect, I would like to have a volume of Lazarus related topics flowing through PGD. Because I know that there is alot of your guys out there that use it or want to use it. Here is where, like in the Delphi and Kylix forum, you'd post questions that are Lazarus specific.

MikeS
16-04-2005, 11:49 PM
Great to see a Lazarus forum Will. As Lazarus becomes more and more stable, it'll just keep getting better and better.

I hope to see lots of topics as well, as I'm just learning Object Pascal, and every bit helps.

For anyone who wants to check out Lazarus, here's a link.

http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php

marmin
20-04-2005, 11:40 AM
Great! I use it and it's really stable.
Although not finished yet.. :D I hope they get a better linker because the file sizes are big.

cragwolf
20-04-2005, 10:39 PM
Lazarus project, 1 form, size:

Default compile options: 5.5 MB
With: -XX, -Og: 1.6 MB
UPX it: 524 KB

(this is Lazarus compiled with GTK2 on Linux).

Jonax
23-01-2011, 08:02 AM
After a PC-crash and purchase of a 64-bit Win 7 system I got some compatibility problems. Finding drivers to printer, etc was fairly easy but making Delphi 3 run install on 64-bit was not possible. So I decided to try Lazarus. It was not exactly the same but close enough. :)