PDA

View Full Version : Win64 Support?

MichaelR
19-04-2005, 03:17 PM
I was looking at the freepascal website and they seem to have AMD64 support for Linux, but does anyone know if they are working on support for Win64? I've got the RTM version of WinXP/64 loaded on my laptop and I'm itching to try some things out, but currently there's not much other than compiling 32-bit code on a 64-bit platform.

Sly
19-04-2005, 10:58 PM
I have not heard of any work being done on Win64 support. It would be nice though. I don't hold much hope for Borland supporting Win64. There have been huge discussions on it in the Borland non-technical newsgroup but it doesn't seem to be getting anywhere.

Anonymous
04-07-2005, 02:39 PM
I have not heard of any work being done on Win64 support. It would be nice though. I don't hold much hope for Borland supporting Win64. There have been huge discussions on it in the Borland non-technical newsgroup but it doesn't seem to be getting anywhere.

No Win64 support yet. Not much action on lists either. The wait is for a good set of binutils and en-masse availability of win64.

People interested in this, could start to inventarise possible 64-bit problems in the windows related units.

Making the RTL (and then specially the WinAPI headers) win64 compliant will be more work than anything else.

WILL
04-07-2005, 10:34 PM
Well I'm not sure about Win64 support since Longhorn is so far away from being released (last I heard), but Int64 support is being investigated from what I've seen on the FPCWiki site.

Bart
05-07-2005, 07:27 AM
From the FreePascal wiki roadmap: http://www.freepascal.org/wiki/index.php/Road_map

x86-64/Win64 (?) depends when GNU Tools will be available