PDA

View Full Version : Coders Workshop 2005 Water Competition

WILL
30-04-2005, 05:15 AM
Coders Workshop just went live today! And the new site is featuring a competiton themselves. The Coders Workshop 2005 Water Competition with a deadline being 31st May 2005 at midnight GMT, is for indie game developers to write your own game which effectively uses the theme of Water. There is NO restriction to programming languages! And can be for either PC or Mac platforms.

"We have plenty of software to give away and even 3 rare CPS-2100s that you cannot even buy in the shops anymore!!

The competition is also a great way to get your final game packaged as a boxed product, as we will be looking to work on publishing deals with any top-place entries."

Well it looks like a great way to win a rare, high-powered Supersoaker with your programming. :) Plus alot of the other prizes look great too. Coders Workshop is ran and owned by Idigicon, an indie-friendly games publisher. They develop a good many game development products as well as the well known Blitz Basic studio.

For more information on the Coders Workshop 2005 Water Competition visit the Coders Workshop site ('http://www.codersworkshop.com/viewarticle.php?id=8')!

Specis
30-04-2005, 07:51 AM
Thanks for the news Item Will :D

I'll drop a little more info about this site.

Codersworkshop is aimed at any coder, language isnt an issue anymore. There are seperate language sections though and you'll find delphi under the "Professional" section of the forum.

There's also a full Showcase on the site, so you can erm showcase your work to the community and idigicon at the same time :)

WILL
30-04-2005, 08:14 AM
I was actually tonight wondering about some publishing possibilities for book projects and other things of the like that have been mentioned in another thread here on PGD. (http://www.pgd.netstarweb.com/viewtopic.php?t=1597)

cairnswm
01-05-2005, 12:44 PM
Too many contests out there at the moment.... I'm busy with an entry for the Remakes on button contest and this one is due end of this month...

:(

cairnswm
06-07-2005, 04:49 AM
If anyone is interested - the results of this contest are out.

I did not enter :(