PDA

View Full Version : DGDev down today :(

BlueCat
04-01-2003, 05:23 PM
The site disappeared again for a while today, this was due to the host f2o.org upgrading to new hardware and software. Unfortunately they gave very short notice so I couldn't let you all know :roll:

Apparently the new server hardware is faster, and the software has been upgraded to the latest versions so should be worth the down time.

Sorry I couldn't post a warning in time, maybe next time( :shock: ) I'll use the greeting on the IRC channel to keep you updated when the site is down

BlueCat
06-01-2003, 03:41 PM
Sorry about the continued problems with the site. All I know at the moment is that the host's upgrade didn't go as smoothly as they would have liked! According to one poster at the f2o forums, the webserver 'poofed' :shock: :roll: Sounds serious eh? :lol:

I can't say whether there will be any more problems obviously, but be assured it is a temporary thing and not worth moving to another host for!!!

If you're getting withdrawal symptoms with all those web errors, try this:

Right click your mouse on the DGDev logo and select 'Set As Background'.

In display properties, set the background as 'tiled'.

Now go to your desktop, remove all icons.

Next, move really close to your monitor and stare at the centre of the screen.

Do this for at least 30 minutes, while chanting 'It won't be long now, it won't be long now'

Trust me you'll feel fine :twisted:

Alimonster
06-01-2003, 04:15 PM
I may have to hurt you, BlueCat - every time I try to pimp DGDev to generic Delphi folk, the site's always down.

Must...control...fist...of...death. :evil:

TheLion
06-01-2003, 05:26 PM
I never tried that BlueCat, maybe I should next time! :)

I got really weird effects when DGDev was down, I began to shiver, felt cold and I started to feel a headache... I never smoked so I never tried to quit and don't know how that feels, but I have a feeling that when DGDev is down I get the same symptoms a smoker gets when he/she tries to quit... :shock: ;) :lol:

BlueCat
06-01-2003, 07:02 PM
I may have to hurt you, BlueCat - every time I try to pimp DGDev to generic Delphi folk, the site's always down.

Must...control...fist...of...death. :evil:

It's ok I'm sending mrevil over there, expect things to be a lot better from now on :mrevil:

Useless Hacker
07-01-2003, 09:39 AM
Glad to see y'all again!

BlueCat
17-01-2003, 09:32 PM
Sorry about the continued hosting problems. :(
I still expect the problems to end soon, it's unusual to get so much downtime with f2o as I'm sure anyone who visited us in November and December will remember. I think it's worth giving them another chance! :D

TheLion
17-01-2003, 10:03 PM
I agree with BlueCat on this one... I have selden seen a free hosting provider perform so well as f2o. I run my own homepage at lycos and there is no e-mail address where you can ask for information, nor will they ever post info on why my website was down.. f2o informed us everytime why the website was down and they are even spending money on new hardware for their free hosting... I think that's amazing and we should give them a while to get to know their knew hardware and to learn how to solve the problems...

TheLion
17-01-2003, 10:03 PM
*DELETED*