PDA

View Full Version : Game of Life in Colour

pwill99au
02-06-2005, 03:20 AM
Hi there,

On my Delphi download page, here:

http://members.fortunecity.com/pew/delphi.html

you can find: Colour_Life v1.0 - Game of Life in Colour

... which is basically a variation on Conway's Game of Life. There is more colour in the display of the board, since the age of cells in taken into account.

It's actually a port of a MS-DOS Turbo Pascal version of the same game (by someone else).

Regards,
--- Peter W. :-)))
Sandy Bay, Hobart, Tas, AU.

savage
02-06-2005, 10:07 AM
I see you've also got a Wumpus game on there. Have you been following the other Wumpus thread?

cairnswm
02-06-2005, 11:38 AM
LOL

I was actually also going to do a life game where the age of the cells mattered :) The idea was that there were two colors of cells - they affected each other normally. But then two players could move their mouse around and make the cells younger again - this way it bacame a strategy game where each player tried to help their own cells live longer.

Unformtunatly it never seemed to work out so I scrapped the idea :)

pwill99au
10-07-2005, 05:45 AM
Hi All,

Another variation of Conway's Game of Life is to make it multi-player. There are a couple of ways to go about it. For example consider what to do when generating a new cell... say you have player #1 and player #9 and you generate a new cell... do you make it a #1 or #9 ??? What about if there are 3 different players for the neighbours (I think 3 is the required number for a new cell)... what then. You could always make the new life cell the average of the player numbers. But of course if you only have player #1 and player #9 playing then you'll probably generate a new player number... say, player #3.

At one stage, I think maybe using Turbo Pascal, I had a rough version of multi-player life working. I may have to resurrect it... or just recreate it.

Regards,
Peter W. :-)))
Sandy Bay, Hobart, Tas, AU.