PDA

View Full Version : More contests !

marmin
03-06-2005, 04:12 PM
I was just wondering; are there any running Pascal/Delphi/Free Pascal competitions out there, is it alive, or should there be much, much more contest be organised! Pascal is a living language, even more popular thanx to FP and Lazarus. It stands or falls with the contributions that the community give; so there should be , imho, much more contests be organized.

For example:

-Make a simple game < 2 Mb.
-Make the best Arcade Clone.
-Make the best Windows 32 program.
-Make the most useful Linux application.
- Create a 3D FPS Shooter a la Doom (any plattform), entirely written in Object Pascal.

Prizes don't have to be super. -Eternal Fame- you know :).

--

I'm thinking of setting up a new Pascal forum with contests, but I'm afraid there will be no one interested. If there would be any interested i'd have it done yesterday..

Am I wrong?

Legolas
03-06-2005, 04:23 PM
-Make a simple game < 2 Mb.
-Make the best Arcade Clone.
-Make the best Windows 32 program.
-Make the most useful Linux application.
- Create a 3D FPS Shooter a la Doom (any plattform), entirely written in Object Pascal.

I would add:

:arrow: Make the best unit/component porting to FPC/Lazarus.

According to you, I think this is the best way to improve Lazarus and to involve much more people

cairnswm
03-06-2005, 07:15 PM
This is the best place to announce game contests if you are going to organise them. Also send a mail to the list at www.gamecompo.com.

Currently I know of no contests that are running. Not only for Pascal but for any language.

I seem to the contest man here - I try and enter as many as I can :) So I'm usually aware of any contests that are on the go.

Contests are not the best way to get more games and things done in Delphi. The best way is to write your own games and publish them on this web site.

savage
03-06-2005, 09:56 PM
I was hoping to organise a demo contest that would start in July, but I have not had a chance to organise any prizes. I have a few ideas, but would love to hear any other suggestions.

Traveler
04-06-2005, 09:36 AM
I very much doubt the interest for a pascal based contest is large enough to have multiple contests within a years time.

Am I wrong?

No I dont think you are. Give this thread a few days and count the number of replies (or views). Then considder if it's worth extending this thread to an entire forum.