PDA

View Full Version : Spider : Stealth Ops

savage
06-06-2005, 02:36 PM
This was mentioned on turbo ('http://turbo.gamedev.net') a little while ago, and it totally slipped me by. But it's an excellent little game by Lief Jorgensen...
<blockquote>

Spider: Stealth Ops was a project over around 3 months which I never finished (nearly but not quite).
If anyone is interested in completing it, I am willing to burden them with the source code and files.
It started with DelphiX but I switched to a version of Powerdraw for this I think.
Its all 2d, pseudo 3d. Lots of effects, rain, lighting, los, particle effects etc which might be useful to beginner programmers.

The game features a really innovative and exciting gameplay that requires you to stay undetected while moving your little spider like vehicle to an infiltration point. The screenshot belies the actual coolness of the graphics which not only feature great particle effects but also use a Diablo II style lighting system.

</blockquote>
The game can be downloaded here ('http://turbo.gamedev.net/spider_a01.zip').

I hope someone has the time to takeover this project and complete it.

savage
08-06-2005, 01:05 PM
Lief Jorgensen is interested in continuing the project, if he can get a bit more help from the community.

Traveler
08-06-2005, 04:31 PM
What kind of help are we talking about? I think many people are willing to help him with creating levels. Testing the game shouldn't be a problem either.

savage
08-06-2005, 09:49 PM
Hopefully Lief will respond to your questions. Has anyone else downloaded it and played it? Like it, hate it, what could be done better?

lief
08-06-2005, 10:10 PM
hi,

thanks for the comments. i am considering restarting the project as a source forge project if i can find a cross-platform programmer... i can do the art, sound and music initially.

the levels in sso were made using an inline scripting system, that was one of the projects on to do list, make an editor system (also one of the reasons I would like to remake it, fix the mistakes from the start).

any one interested?

Lief