PDA

View Full Version : FPC 4 GBA Initiative Site

WILL
04-07-2005, 01:01 AM
Well I've been thinking for a while of how to best get the GameBoy Advance support for Free Pascal going. I had played wit hit myself and released some notes and even a little mini package for those interested, but that seemed somewhat insufficient. So... I put together a series of documents my own work and links, other tools and references to all the other material that may help and make a project site out of it.

Here is the result: fpc4gba.pascalgamedevelopment.com (http://fpc4gba.pascalgamedevelopment.com/)

The page is very basic right now, but contains all the information I have collected to-date.

Legolas
15-07-2005, 03:01 PM
Now that I have my degree in "directional techniques and management for small and average enterprises" (:o ok, ok.. I know... maybe my translation is bad :oops:), I have some spare time to waste in this project :D
I'm starting from 0, so your work will be useful! :D

WILL
16-07-2005, 07:01 PM
Uh so that means... you'll tinker with my code? :? Actually honestly I don't have a clue what you are trying to say here. Please do try to explain.

Legolas
17-07-2005, 11:30 AM
Uh so that means... you'll tinker with my code? :? Actually honestly I don't have a clue what you are trying to say here. Please do try to explain.

Ops... Sorry, I need an English teacher... :oops:
BTW... yes, I'll try to make a working fpc compiler for gba, starting from your code. That's all :D

WILL
18-07-2005, 09:59 AM
It might be a good idea to try to get it working with FPC 2.0. The older version that I used might not be so readily available on sourceforge anyhow. I doubt that that much has changed anyways.

The only issue is the 'compiler.pas', 'cputarg.pas' and 'systems.pas' files may have changed since the 1.9.6 version to 2.0.0. So you may have to spot what changes I made to them and reflect that in the newer 2.0 versions of the files.