PDA

View Full Version : FPC 4 GBA Initiative

WILL
04-07-2005, 12:43 PM
I'm happy to announce the creation of the new FPC 4 GBA Initiative project site! Started by yours truely, it's not very flashy and really has no graphics or pretty colors, but it's a start and gets to the point; The purpose of it is to simply get a working solution for developing GameBoy Advance (or GBA) games under Free Pascal (or FPC).

The page currently holds all related materials and tools I had gatehred already. And also available is my own preliminary trial to a modification of FPC for GBA platform support based on help from FPK and Synopsis themselves.

Contributions are welcome and <u>wanted</u>!

The FPC 4 GBA Initiative site is located at fpc4gba.pascalgamedevelopment.com ('http://fpc4gba.pascalgamedevelopment.com/')!

Legolas
04-07-2005, 01:27 PM
This is definitely what we need! Well done! :D
I hope FPC for GBA becomes a reality now :!:

WILL
14-07-2005, 08:18 AM
Ok so... whos interested in contributing? Heck I knew nothing about Free PAscal when I stated to work on this little project. Just that it had newly added ARM support for Linux.

This could be a great way to push Pascal into the console market. You have to start somewhere right? Nintendo might not authorize the use of FPC for their licences to sell games, but if there is a working compiler it might lead the way to getting them to evaluate it and possibly allow for licencing later on. Nintendo after all is in a rather unique position right now. Sony and Microsoft are kicking their butts much like they burried Sega in the console market. They might be more willing to try new things at this stage. Condiering it's a rock solid, yet simple platform, it'll be a good start even to get into the method of console game development.