PDA

View Full Version : Finally... Kudos!

WILL
08-07-2005, 10:13 PM
You know just sitting here thinking about all the needs to be done and all that has been done. We have actually done alot weither it feels like it or not at this point. I just want to make sure I say thanks to all those that have helped me and continue to help me keep PGD going this far. I really should have done this long long ago.

Jon aka tux for being consistant and keeping the proof-reading of my Library materials going. It's probablt the least rewarding and most boring job, but you choose to do it daily(or whenever there is something there) so you deserve a pat on the back for it.

William aka cairnswm has been a sort of a benchmark man for the site. From announcing contests and things that someone can and should participate in. He constantly bring new material to the site and raises a lot of questions that some might not have thought of until later in a spat of hindsight. He is probably one of the most active members and a truely modivated Staff member of PGD. I wish I had a zillion more cairnswms on my staff. Maybe I'd get everything done for a change. ;)

Blue aka BlueCat aka Ian?--I've always called him Blue! ;) Well it was his site DGDev that started the whole concept of a Pascal community(well only Delphi at the time), I guess I owe the idea of PGD up to him. He had been trying to get interested parties into acombined article and forum type of site for some time now. Only I came along with all my crazy talk and managed to pull it off with the newly formed PGD team's help. Yup without DGDev, PGD would not have existed. This man is a pioneer and really pushed the frontier of the Pascal world and helped shape how the indie developer is able to take part. Though it is a small community compared to most others, it is still our community and HE is one of it's former hosts. ;)

Alex aka Traveler who helped me do all the amazing and pretty graphics to see on this site. Well maybe not the news icons and ulgy ass Article backgrounds I take fully blame for those. ;) He worked with me for months pushed deadlines, lost sleep, kicked my butt when I started to lose focus and kept the PGD launch project in line. He even made me come up with the super-cool header design which I think is greatm and far better than I had in mind. AND he is still working with me on new things EVEN NOW!!! :lol: Will our work ever end my friend? I wish I could shake this guys hand he deserves it!

Dominique aka savage aka Dom aka Mr DelphiGamer. :) We have been partners in crime since PGD launched. From all the server swaps to holding me back from murdering his web admin. :lol: He organized, wrote up the rules for, ran and gathered big money prizes (I would hate to be his email client with all the emails and correspondence he must have had to go through to get this done!) we have been equal partners in the running of this site since day 1. And this man has a family and a full time job to boot! He even let me rape his site(DelphiGamer) to get the news from it. :lol: I can't say how bad I felt doing something that fun. :twisted: I hope that I will have the privilage of his support as I have so far this first year of running PGD. It's been an awesome go, lets keep the good times rolling. ;)

All the die-hards from the old DGDev forums. I mean...you guys are what encouraged me to merge the sites and to create this brand spaking new one to create a growing site and community or us all. I love the programming language, but most of all I love being able to help a community that cares as much about it as me. You guys rock!!!

New members, keep coming. The staff longs for your arrival. Without new blood into the mix it gets stale. Kepp coming there is always room. No question too taboo, no idea off-limits, no experience level unwanted. 'Uncle WILL wants YOU!' ;)

lief
11-07-2005, 12:08 AM
no idea off-limits

how 'bout we all switch to VB?

WILL
11-07-2005, 12:25 AM
no idea off-limits

Thats it! You're fired! :lol:

lief
11-07-2005, 12:30 AM
b . .. b.. b.. but you said...

Traveler
11-07-2005, 08:31 AM
Thanks WILL! You're most welcome!

tux
11-07-2005, 11:58 AM
no idea off-limits

*dies*

Robert Kosek
11-07-2005, 03:14 PM
BLASPHEMY!

*nails lief to M$ HQ* :lol:

cairnswm
11-07-2005, 03:52 PM
Thanks Will :oops:

I wish I could contribute more to the site. Maybe I sould get off my butt and do some more articles. Most of my articles only take 2 or 4 hours to put together.

Time is always a problem. Having a family and a full time job makes finding time to contribute on the site about something I am not directly using is difficult.

technomage
11-07-2005, 07:00 PM
Can I just get something on the record.

Dominique and I started Delphigamer ages ago, and I have to say it became what it was because of Dominique's hard work and commitment.

WILL you hit the nail on the head.

Dominique aka savage aka Dom aka Mr DelphiGamer. :) We have been partners in crime since PGD launched. From all the server swaps to holding me back from murdering his web admin. :lol: He organized, wrote up the rules for, ran and gathered big money prizes (I would hate to be his email client with all the emails and correspondence he must have had to go through to get this done!) we have been equal partners in the running of this site since day 1. And this man has a family and a full time job to boot! He even let me rape his site(DelphiGamer) to get the news from it. :lol: I can't say how bad I felt doing something that fun. :twisted: I hope that I will have the privilage of his support as I have so far this first year of running PGD. It's been an awesome go, lets keep the good times rolling. ;)

Thanks for all you hard work over the years Dom. My hat's off to ya :D

Dean

savage
11-07-2005, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the kudos guys, but I am a small cog in the scheme of things.

The people that make a site are those that actively participate in providing news, answering forum questions, writing articles etc. Those are the sort of things that keep developers/vistors coming back.

So the real thanks belong to all of you!!

lief
12-07-2005, 12:00 AM
he's very modest. not as modest as i, but still very modest.