PDA

View Full Version : The old fruits topic.. (BlueCat!!!)

Eriken
09-07-2005, 09:46 PM
It was more or less just plain luck that I saw that post btw BlueCat, someone wrote that they hadn't seen Momor and TheLion for a while.. And that's probably the only posts I've read here for months..

But if you tell me what happened to Alimonster, I can tell you all about what Fruity Momor and his Dutch colleague TheLion is upto ;)

Who are you? and how's it going btw? ;)
_____
Eriken

BlueCat
09-07-2005, 10:16 PM
It was more or less just plain luck that I saw that post btw BlueCat, someone wrote that they hadn't seen Momor and TheLion for a while.. And that's probably the only posts I've read here for months..

But if you tell me what happened to Alimonster, I can tell you all about what Fruity Momor and his Dutch colleague TheLion is upto ;)

Who are you? and how's it going btw? ;)
_____
Eriken

I am still myself :lol: and it's just about going, it needs a little more time to get going these days, but it still goes :wink: And how are you?

No idea about Alimonster. I think someone stole his domain name and then he disappeared. But... www.alimonster.co.uk (http://www.alimonster.co.uk) :?:

Now... tell me about those other two 'colleagues' :P

Eriken
09-07-2005, 11:04 PM
Well, I'm not friends with Delphi these days.. been out of it for quite a while now.. Otherwise doing good :)

And the colleagues are doing fine, I should get them to pop in here and share their fruits with you.. hehe.. I already made them aware of the post where it was written something about them, so I guess they'll drop in soon ;)

We're still meeting once a week and do what we do best (yes yes, with me that is: make jokes)

WILL
10-07-2005, 06:47 PM
Hey do I count as one of the 'old guys'? lol Probably not since I came late.

I kinda miss the old days too. I worked less. :lol:

BlueCat
10-07-2005, 08:46 PM
@Eriken - PM me with the meeting details and I'll make a surprise appearance :lol:

I kinda miss the old days too. I worked less. :lol:

Yeah, you can be 'old' too if you want :D

BTW if you thought DGDev was dead, it's just been sleeping! I've put it back online for a few days for anyone who wants to go back in time. There's only one forum though and it's just a bit of fun and in no way is it an attempt by me and Eriken to try to take over the world with our stupid sense of humo(u)r. :twisted: :twisted:

Click on the beaver(?) and hold on to your fruits :shock:

http://terraqueous.f2o.org/dgdev/beaver.jpg (http://terraqueous.f2o.org/dgdev)

Eriken
10-07-2005, 10:00 PM
The meeting-idea could be fun, we're meeting on MSN these days, for the fun of it (just testing it these days and TheLion can't keep his fingers off the "Nudge"-button (gotta have the latest MSN for that).. Are you on MSN ? ;)

If you're OLD or not is probably something you know better than us, you young canadian! :twisted:

There's only one forum though and it's just a bit of fun and in no way is it an attempt by me and Eriken to try to take over the world with our stupid sense of humo(u)r.
What BlueCat is trying to say is.. either that we've already taken over the world.. or that we dont attempt things like that, we either do or we dont.. (usually the latter one)

Have you been making toys for your kids BlueCat? It's Doctor Beaver also known as.. The Nutty Professor.. or something..
_____
Eriken

PS: Come to think of it, maybe it just got abit too serious at some point?

lief
11-07-2005, 12:02 AM
hello. read an interview the other day with you guys in it... can't remember where though...
hello anyway.

Momor
11-07-2005, 05:11 AM
Hey Bluecat, that's nice to read you at least !!!

The MSN meeting thingie is quite fun, since now each time I have to **** my router during a meeting (which is quite often believe me) I can't join anymore without disturbing everyone. And of course I like that a lot (don't forget I'm French). :lol:

BTW I'm still alive, just out of the Delphi scene for a while (working on some mobile projects atm).

Eriken
13-07-2005, 06:10 PM
lief: Hehe, did you enjoy the interview? I don't know where it was or who wrote it *cough*bullshit*cough*.

Momor is known as the guy with an unstable connection, and atleast that's stable.. (stable? if stable is a building full of animals.. what's an unstable then?)
_____
Eriken

WILL
13-07-2005, 11:43 PM
I'm French

And I'm Canadian, I can have WAY too much fun with that comment. ;)

:lol:

Good to see you on the forums again. I have to send you something I'm working on. You'll see. It's a secret *shhhh* :D

Eriken
14-07-2005, 09:47 AM
Don't worry WILL, he gets his fair share of hassle due to him being French ;)
_____
Eriken

Robert Kosek
14-07-2005, 03:31 PM
*gasp* "Must... resist... urge..."

<axel026> i need help please
<^cell^> do you have an appointment?
<axel026> im french
<^cell^> i see... thats a terrible disorder

Sorry, but I couldn't! ;) And it's all in fun anyway. A real IRC chat BTW.

Eriken
14-07-2005, 05:54 PM
Hehe, gotta love IRC.

Well, maybe we should have spared the French today as it is their Bastille Day.. (National Day-thingy).. but hey, noone is perfect..

And congratulations too all you French folks out there ;)
_____
Eriken

BlueCat
19-07-2005, 10:15 PM
...now each time I have to **** my router during a meeting (which is quite often believe me)

I'm trying not to believe you :shock: :shock: :shock:

...I can't join anymore without disturbing everyone

Yeah it must be pretty disturbing :shock: :shock: Cant' see how that helps to fix it but each to his own :lol:

@Eriken... What have you done with that Lion? Give him another 'poke' would you :twisted:

Traveler
20-07-2005, 08:20 AM
I bet he's working on a top secret project and doesnt have time to chat

Eriken
20-07-2005, 10:40 AM
The problems with these cats is that.. when they hide, they hide good.. I think I'll chat with him tonight so I'll give him a poke then ;)
_____
Eriken

BlueCat
20-07-2005, 10:49 AM
Hehe, ask him about his secret project :wink:

Eriken
20-07-2005, 11:10 AM
I don't need to ask him... I know ;)
_____
Eriken

TheLion
20-07-2005, 07:08 PM
GROWL!!!

Hello Guys, it's been ages hasn't it?!? ;) However I must say it just feels like yesterday that I posted here daily! ;) hehe

My secret project... hmmm... well I have been very busy with the security and the wars fought on Azeroth! :) Okay for those who have no clue what I'm talking about now... I play World of Warcraft which absorbs a lot of my time lately... however I'm slowly starting to think, brainstorm and even try to work on some projects again so it's heading into the right direction again! :)

Some of you know I talked about it for ages, but I finally went around and did it! :) I signed up for an IT study and so I'm officially a student again! ;) I'll start somewhere in August! :)

For the rest there is nothing much to report... I'm still alive and kicking! :)

P.S. It's nice to know ppl missed me on the forums! ;) I'll try to visit more often again! ;)

P.P.S. Hows everyone from PGD doing ? ;)

Traveler
20-07-2005, 08:55 PM
and the wars fought on Azeroth!
so they got you too eh :)

Better make sure your game time is over when you go to school again. :)
And don't tell me you know how to separate WoW and school because I wont believe you anyway :wink:

btw, what study did you sign up for?

PS welcome back!

PPS doing great here, currently working on my top secret project :wink:

TheLion
20-07-2005, 09:40 PM
I signed up for a Bachelor study (I-Tracks to be more specific). If I'm done I'll have a Bachelors degree and I'll be a Software Developer. :) Basically it's a study where I have to go to school 1 day a week (at least during the first year, second year I'll have to go 2 days a week) and the rest I'll have to do on my own! :) After being at home for 3 years I didn't feel like going back to an "old-fashioned" school where you have to be present 5 days a week for 8 hours a day... so I decided on doing it like this! :)

hehe, yeah WoW is addictive... but I think I have enough discipline to do my school work first! ;) We'll see... I told my parents already that if they noticed it went wrong with school + WoW that they should be honest with me and tell me to stop my subscription to WoW... however I normally play with a group of friends and almost all of them work during the day time, so if they can combine it ... I should be able to do the same! ;) hehe (I hope) :) hehe

P.S. You also play WoW? If so on what realm do you play on?

Eriken
20-07-2005, 09:53 PM
Ah, my job here is done! :twisted:

So many secret projects.. care to share abit Traveler? As in.. is it a game and is it in Pascal? ;) Congrats on your 500th post ;)

Playing games and attending school.. hehe, there's a good mix.. I remember once me and a friend played X-Com all night at school (he had keys), and when the class started next morning we were so tired that we went home instead :twisted: Those were the days.. And then there was Civilization..

And if anyone runs into TheLion on WoW, give him a good beating from me ;)
_____
Eriken

Sly
20-07-2005, 11:02 PM
Playing games and attending school.. hehe, there's a good mix..
That's what I used to do when I was attending university. Go to uni during the day for a couple of hours, then play games the rest of the time. Mind you, by the third year of uni I was starting to fail subjects and in fourth year I dropped out, but I now consider that the time spent gaming while at uni was preparation for my later career as a game developer. :D

P.S. I never did finish the university course. :)

Traveler
21-07-2005, 08:29 AM
Sounds great theLion! I wish you good luck with your study!

P.S. You also play WoW? If so on what realm do you play on?
Yeah I play WoW too :) I'm playing in realms Dragonblight (lvl36 Druid) and Aggramar (lvl16 Warlock).
However, gametime expired 5 days ago, so I can't login atm. (Which is actually a good thing :))

So many secret projects.. care to share abit Traveler?
Well not too much as I have promised myself not to reveal anything till I have at least 25~30% done. I hate to have another abandoned project, but if it does happen, well lets say it makes it more bearable if nobody knows about it :wink:

Anyways, I'm following the same path as cairnswm. And with that I mean, I'm working on a entry for GDnet's 4E4 contest. I'm doing fairly well, about 1 hour worth of coding each day, 2 sometimes 3 on good days. I'm aiming for a 70~80%completed isometric engine by the end of this month, leaving 3 months for the actual game.
Difficult part will again be graphics, especially with the elements DGNet has choosen and the high standards I've set for myself. :?

Congrats on your 500th post :wink:
thanks! :D

BlueCat
21-07-2005, 09:07 PM
Hi LION!!!!

You've always been in a realm of your own :lol:

Good to see you old friend. Great news about the degree course, I'm sure one day a week won't be too hard for you ;)

Let's hope it doesn't take as long to get as your driving licence :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Of course you know I already have a degree and hope to be a software developer when I grow up :viking:

TheLion
22-07-2005, 08:05 AM
Good to see you old friend.

Good to see you too m8! :)

Let's hope it doesn't take as long to get as your driving licence :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

:twisted: :P Yeah that did take long didn't it? :P :twisted: Thank god I can always claim there where circumstances why it took so long! ;) hehe

Of course you know I already have a degree and hope to be a software developer when I grow up :viking:

I still have a great feeling about you and the Software Development industry... So I think you'll make it! ;)

Sounds great TheLion! I wish you good luck with your study!

Thanks! :) I'm gonna need it! ;) hehe

Yeah I play WoW too I'm playing in realms Dragonblight (lvl36 Druid) and Aggramar (lvl16 Warlock).

Cool! :) I play around 3 or 4 characters on Aggramar! :) My mains are a lvl 44 elf warrior and a level 39 human warrior! :)

However, gametime expired 5 days ago, so I can't login atm. (Which is actually a good thing )

hehe too bad! :) Any side effects for not playing a few days??? ;)

Traveler
22-07-2005, 08:41 AM
hehe too bad! Any side effects for not playing a few days??? :wink:

No, not really :). Its just that I can nolonger be tempted to start WoW right now :)
And as long as my friends don't ask me too often to buy a new gamecard, I probably wont. Not until the 4E4 contest is over.

Eriken
22-07-2005, 09:30 PM
I've avoided WoW from the beginning.. I tend to launch Diablo 2 LOD if I need to kill something..

Usually I'll normally have a "No I don't want start with WoW"-discussion with a friend or 2 during the week.. But it's kinda funny, today I had a "WoW"-discussion with my littlesister (she's 13).. Apparently the boys she hangs out with also talks about WoW alot, so I guess most guys today play WoW.. Even 13 year olds..

So please.. PLEASE tell me if you get slained by a 13 year old kid, heheh.. I will of course never let you forget.. I guess there is another reason for not playing.. 13 year old wannabes.. eeeeeeewwwwwww ;)

WoW is apparently a hit.. hehe..
_____
Eriken

BlueCat
26-07-2005, 10:46 PM

I still have a great feeling about you and the Software Development industry... So I think you'll make it! ;)

Well I've had my BSc for 4 years now and so far I've earned a total of zero money in software development :) That's 90% down to my own choices, like putting being with my family before any job, and the other 10% is due to there being about 3 jobs in software within 100 miles of where I live at any point in time!!

I really want to make a living working at home either in game dev or other software. Besides, my CV doesn't look so good these days since I gave up on a soul destroying career and chose to be poor and happy :lol:

Seriously though, I worked hard for four years to get my degree and really want to put the skills I learned to good use. I've been away from coding for too long now.... but the cat's still got it :twisted:

Anyone else wasting their education? :lol: :lol:

BlueCat
28-07-2005, 07:57 PM
Oh just me then, I thought so :lol:

Traveler
29-07-2005, 07:41 AM
Apparently so :)

For me it was the other way around. I got my current job because of the things I created at home, not because of what I did at school. (Which was not too much either :oops:, and yes I sometimes regret that. )

Eriken
29-07-2005, 01:36 PM
School is a weird thing, I guess I got my first jobs because of what I learned there.. But I ended up working with things that the teacher found unnecessary to teach because very few companies used it..

But the Telecom business has had it's days, and now I'm unemployed.. to get into Software Development of some sort requires experience up here and it's rather difficult to get. The dream is to sit at home and make games for a living ;)
_____
Eriken

BlueCat
29-07-2005, 08:48 PM
Ah yes, that is the dream indeed. To make games all day and only ever take time off to spend all the money the games make for you. :king:

But can it be done? Give me a year or two and I'll let you know ;)

cairnswm
31-07-2005, 07:43 AM
I also want to do the sit at home and make games thing. I rekon I'm no less than 5 years away form it. I just have too many family obligations to just up and leave my full time job. Once I've paid off more of the house etc then I can consider doing it.

Take a trip to http://www.indiegamer.com to really get you motivated to do it full time. There are lots of success storeies that you can read about there.