PDA

View Full Version : Neatest type of game to program?

WILL
18-07-2005, 10:26 AM
Hey while I'm away here is a thought. If you had to pick one game that had the neatest feature in it to work on which would it be?

Be it Final Fantasy 7's combat engine, Starcraft's in-game dilogs or Freelancer's HUD system. What would be the one thing that you'd want to have worked on?

Or, what is the neatest feature that you have ever made in your own games?

Sly
18-07-2005, 11:42 AM
The neatest feature that I have ever made in a game is my own Quake-style console. It is actually used in a published game. Well, the version of it written in C is used in a published game. That was back in 2001. Now I have resurrected it for the latest project I am working on at Krome, with enhancements that make it suitable as a basic scripting language. It is also used in my Donk engine. :)

cairnswm
18-07-2005, 12:14 PM
There is a game Championship Rugby Manager that was published in 2000 thats has a complete match engine written by me in Delphi.

The standard RTS control system is the aspect of games I would most like to work on.

technomage
18-07-2005, 10:43 PM
For me it would be the mission briefing ui for Conflict FreeSpace. I love space simulators and this one felt like a real mission briefing. So cool...

:D

Traveler
19-07-2005, 07:27 AM
I have to agree with cairnswm on this one. Someday I'll make my own rts. Perhaps not as advanced as todays rtsgames, but Dune, or C&C should be very much doable.

Daikrys
02-08-2005, 11:35 AM
the Final Fantasy 7 combat engine is a good fact Will :wink:
iam interessted in Turnbased and realtime RPG's
but also interessted in RTS games

someday i will release a PC RPG :roll: