PDA

View Full Version : Pets and their lack of exception handling

Eriken
02-08-2005, 12:07 PM
I'm a cat-person but I haven't had a cat the last 10-15 years, however this summer I'm watching 3 cats (2 of them kittens 2-3 months old).

They are cute and all that, and doing what they do best and make a mess of everything from plants to pillows.. Also an occasional peeing in places they shouldn't.. All these things aren't really something that makes we wonder so much, the thing that does is when they manage to pee 10 cm from the litterbox.. "If Not in_litterbox then DO_NOT_PEE!"

Funny to see how much instincts there are in these creatures and they still manage to do weird things.. Like pooping, and while trying to cover it up they step in it and you've got foot-prints all over the place.

Cats rule!

And that was today's report from the Cat-astrophic Area.. Meeoww
_____
Eriken

(And no, I'm not talking about BlueCat)

Sly
02-08-2005, 12:30 PM
Maybe I've just got a strange cat, but ever since we got her at 8 weeks, she has always known what the litter tray was for and has never failed to use it.

PerIvar
02-08-2005, 12:49 PM
Maybe I've just got a strange cat, but ever since we got her at 8 weeks, she has always known what the litter tray was for and has never failed to use it.

You lucky lucky man! :D

Eriken
02-08-2005, 01:11 PM
You know Sly, someone probably potty-trained them before you got it.. these 2 however are not trained yet.. I'm considering taking a patent on kitten-diapers.. damn difficult it is for the to learn that..

Or maybe it's the Norwegian cats that pees wherever they fell like it.. Freedom Cats..
_____
Eriken

Daikrys
02-08-2005, 01:49 PM
i have a cat he is 7years
when he was 2or3 years he manually going outside to pee etc.

we dont train our cat oO

Eriken
02-08-2005, 02:03 PM
hehe, so does the mother-cat, she's 1-2 years old I guess.. I still would like a console-port to program the kittens to do their business in the litterbox though.

Maybe BlueCat or TheLion has some ideas :twisted:
_____
Eriken

cairnswm
02-08-2005, 02:35 PM
Maybe BlueCat or TheLion has some ideas

Presuming they are potty trained.

JSoftware
02-08-2005, 02:47 PM
Cats are TEH EVIL!

They can't find out to shit in their owners own garden(our neighbour's is shitting all over ours) and they can't stop dropping their fur everywhere! :shock:

Ps. I'm a Cat Allergic..

Robert Kosek
02-08-2005, 03:18 PM
In my yard, cats are called "varmints"... and where I live there's no limit to how many varmints one can take in a year. I'd love to program the cats to stay out, but hey, I'd loose my skills on hitting moving targets!

:D LOL

Eriken
02-08-2005, 03:36 PM
Presuming they are potty trained.
Hehe, well, I don't know that... But either way we'll either get an idea on how to stop it.. or how long they end up peeing in the wrong places ;)

JSoftware: hehe, Imagine you being a cat, would you shit where you play, or in the neighbour's yard (for fun, for logic reason, or just to piss him off) ? ;) Allergic to fur or to stepping in shit? ;)

Oh well, gotta love cats ;)
_____
Eriken

JSoftware
02-08-2005, 03:41 PM
Eriken: FUR! i start sneezing just if someone who has a cat at home enters the room i work in at work. I'm not able to be in a room with a cat for more than 2 minutes :oops:

WILL
02-08-2005, 09:45 PM
You know robotics pets don't have fur! :D Nor do they have poop. ;)

BlueCat
03-08-2005, 12:17 AM
I still haven't got the hang of using the tray, you should see TheLion's tray though :shock: It's so big you can't miss!!!

I know what you mean about cats though. I think it's because they don't like to be predictable so just when you think you've worked them out, they do something random like jumping onto your head :lol:

BTW I have six cats and they all 'go' where they shouldn't :wink:

Traveler
03-08-2005, 07:48 AM
I'm a cat person too and Blue's is one of my favourite. :)
http://www.gameprogrammer.net/pics/outside/bluecat.jpg

BenBE
03-08-2005, 12:30 PM
Wieso nicht einfach ne Selbst-Schuss-Anlage programmieren:

While Target.DetectObject do
Begin
If Target.Classify = Cat Then
Begin
Direction := Target.DetectMovingDirection;
Self.Shoot(Target, Direction);
end;
end;

;-) No, I'm a cat friend, but a Cat Allergican ;-) They are really nice ... Only thing: Take your neightbours cat to your pool, throw it in and watch it running ;-)

BlueCat
03-08-2005, 02:20 PM
I think maybe I should be afraid now but I'm not sure :? :cat:

BlueCat
03-08-2005, 02:23 PM
Thanks for the new avatar, Traveler ;)

Traveler
03-08-2005, 02:24 PM
you're most welcome :D

WILL
03-08-2005, 05:57 PM
Ooow... it blends with the site better. :o

Haha he straightened your cat. :P

Eriken
03-08-2005, 06:05 PM
Maybe that's a new job for him.. "Traveler the Delphi-programmer and Cat-stylist"

"I'll create a program for you, and throw in a cat-fix for the same price"

Meeeooow
_____
Eriken

BlueCat
03-08-2005, 11:33 PM
That cat's been at that angle for nearly three years, someone had to straighten him eventually.

Traveler
04-08-2005, 07:40 AM
:lol:

A 10 minute job at max:) Glad you guys like the new cat!