PDA

View Full Version : RIP flipcode

Firlefanz
23-08-2005, 07:07 AM
Hello,

bad news: flipcode.com is down!

I was also Forum member there, interesting site it was. Too bad.

Firle

Traveler
23-08-2005, 07:34 AM
Can't say I visited that often, but the iotd sure was cool to watch. I'm definitely going to miss FC that much is sure :cry:

Firlefanz
23-08-2005, 08:18 AM
What about an image of the day here? :idea:

In the news section? Or perhaps better Image of the week?

I would say this would be interesting :D
Each week with a posted image and some small description of the image, the project and maybe the author/developer. Perhaps optional with a small photo of the author. :roll:

We hobby game developers love to read from us ourselves and those other hobby game developers I would say. And this would be another way to see new projects and what others are doing.

Firle

WILL
23-08-2005, 08:59 AM
Flipcode shutdown? That sucks...

AS for IOTW it's been planned. ;) I just have some other much needed fixes and improvements to make in the meantime.

LP
23-08-2005, 03:12 PM
It's very unfortunabe FlipCode is going down (especially when I just started to visit it recently).

What is happening to game dev community? FlipCode being down and Turbo 'almost' dead... These are really dark times!

JSoftware
23-08-2005, 04:34 PM
i only visited flipcode to see iotd's.. but sad anyways :(

BlueCat
23-08-2005, 08:38 PM
It's always sad to see a site and the community around it come to an end like this. Anyone know what happened? I too only went there to see the IOTD or occasionally to search the forums, had no idea it was about to close down. :cry: :salute:

JSoftware
23-08-2005, 08:45 PM
it was originally going to close when they wanted to change to fc version 2 but it never happened(nor the version change). in the last months their forum has been spammed by trolls because the admin had gone on vacation

WILL
23-08-2005, 09:12 PM
Ah... so it was a simple case of cold, hard, 'screw this' huh? :?

savage
25-08-2005, 01:57 PM
The Articles section is back up - http://www.flipcode.com/articles/articles_summary.shtml