PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't class completion keyboard shortcut working?

FusionWolf
28-08-2005, 10:31 PM
Hello,

I just upgraded my license of Delphi 7 to Delphi 2005 and tried to code with the new environment but I can't get CTRL - SHIFT - C keyboard shortcut (class completion) to work with Delphi 2005? Where might be the problem? With Delphi 7 it works just okay.

technomage
28-08-2005, 11:21 PM
Which version of Delphi 2005 did you get? The Standard versionsdon't include things such as code completion. :cry:

FusionWolf
28-08-2005, 11:47 PM
Which version of Delphi 2005 did you get? The Standard versionsdon't include things such as code completion. :cry:

This is architect version (installed to a Dell laptop which is provided to me by my employer for the working purposes :wink: ). Though I installed very minimum setup. Might that be the reason? I have updated it with Update packages 1 and 2. I think, maybe I disabled it by mistake when I was dropping loaded modules to decrease loading time of Delphi. Does anybody know which module, dll or whatever controls that class completion feature? Maybe I can re-enable it from package manager or Windows registry?

Sly
29-08-2005, 03:46 AM
Been there, done that. I removed modules to try to decrease the load time and lost the helpful keyboard shortcuts. Tried everything to get them back, but the only thing that worked was to uninstall/reinstall. :(

Anonymous
29-08-2005, 09:38 AM
Been there, done that. I removed modules to try to decrease the load time and lost the helpful keyboard shortcuts. Tried everything to get them back, but the only thing that worked was to uninstall/reinstall. :(

Sh** :evil: . I marked all the links and modules that I removed to the paper at my home. Maybe I try later to go backwards from module to module and try to find which takes care of class completion. Code completion seems to work just fine :roll: . I think I'll start from the Windows registry (where I removed couple links to some dll's, which I thinked that I don't need :roll: ).

FusionWolf
29-08-2005, 09:40 AM
Previous post is written by me.

Sly
29-08-2005, 09:56 AM
Next time, try the Delphi Configuration Manager (http://www.alphalink.com.au/~jed/dcm.htm). It is designed to manage all the packages that Delphi loads at startup.

FusionWolf
29-08-2005, 10:14 AM
Okey. Thanks for the tip.