PDA

View Full Version : I have a project in limbo...

cruisefx
21-01-2003, 07:13 PM
I recently just developed a complete Delphi project for my senior project called ViewKey. It was created in Delphi 6 Personal edition. Basically, it is like a voice box with editable cells. It even controlls a X10 device (CP290), light switches and solid state on/off devices. It has features to make it easily usable for disabled people.

Right now it works well, but it has some issues with Windows XP because I used the SAPI API with SDK 5.1 to do it. Alec Bergamini on Delphi3k hasn't updated this for Windows XP, so I am kinda stuck...

It could also use some work. I need to move away from using these freeware modules - TPJoystick, TPXCom so that I can port at least the functionality over to Kylix. I would even think of rewriting the entire thing in Python, but I really don't think that is a good idea right now.

It really is a good, wholesome project, but it needs work. If anyone would be interested in browsing the source or assisting with the project, let me know. I really don't want to put it on Delphree yet.

A screenshot is available at http://www.cs.loyola.edu/~komara/vk.jpg.

Useless Hacker
27-01-2003, 10:26 AM
I have deleted all your duplicated posts. (Not your fault -- the database was screwed)