PDA

View Full Version : First Staff Blog

WILL
04-09-2005, 07:05 PM
Hey everyone!

Well I've decided to add a new feature. Some may love it, some may hate it... but here it is. ;) The PGD Staff Blog!

Now it really is just an new icon, but I will be adding a new blog flag to the news items and you will be able to enable/disable blog posts on the news page soon enough.

I'm hoping this feature will encourage it's use amoungst our staff and open a venue for those wishing to have a blog here in the PGD community.

With the new parser it shall be more pleasent to write since all posts can be written in a phpBB format.

'Till my next real blog, Cheers!

Specis
05-09-2005, 08:52 PM
Blogs are great for having rants into, i'd probably explode and become a bit of an ass on forums if i couldnt rant into my blog every now and then :D

Sascha Willems
06-09-2005, 08:22 PM
Well, what a coincidence ;) I just recently decided to start my own blog (here (http://saschawillems.blogspot.com)) since I'm not getting much time to do coding anymore but still like to discuss some interesting stuff. So maybe this blog-feature will give a nice boost to PGD as it basically should also allow to post some stuff that doesn't directly fit to the theme of the other news.

WILL
07-09-2005, 12:15 AM
Exactly... once I get the blog 'feature' enabled, I'll have a couple of tabs that'll allow you to switch from News to Blogs and back. And it'll be just like making a news post, only it's your blog message instead. (It'll have a radio button or check box)

The 'main' blog listing will be everyones blogs listed in order of their posting, with the option of seperately looking at a single staff member's blogs only.

Another feature coming is the site member's news posts. It'll work something like GameDev.net and DevMaster.net but with the reporters making final fixes and touch-ups and publishing them.