PDA

View Full Version : Delphi 2005 help files are just poor!

FusionWolf
07-09-2005, 08:14 PM
I have been using Delphi 2005 architech for a while now, and I have noticed that the help files are very poor when compared to Delphi 7 for example.

If I try to find some function (can't really remember any particular just now), I often got some help explaining about Visual C# or Visual Basic and nothing about Delphi. And even if I found correct function or procedure, there's no anykind of example like Delphi 7 had.

There's that filtered by drop down list but at the search page it's empty :roll: .

Sometimes, if I can remember the name of the function and I'll write it and then press CTRL-F1. It doesn't found that on the help, but code completion is showing what to write inside of the paranthesis and function works.

I really hate using Delphi 2005 help. Delphi 7 was much, much, much better and I'm thinking to rip them off from there and installing them into the Delphi 2005 somehow. :twisted:

Sly
07-09-2005, 11:11 PM
Absolutely correct. Borland really dropped the ball with the D2005 documentation. I use the Delphi 7 help files because they have more in them, and they don't have VB and C# crap in them.

tux
08-09-2005, 09:47 AM
visual basic in delphi?????

FusionWolf
08-09-2005, 12:23 PM
visual basic in delphi?????

Yup, correct. I think they have put whole MSDN there but nothing what's related to Delphi itself (except the .NET stuff which I don't need).

LP
19-12-2005, 10:07 PM
Am I very confused or this is a complete spam?!

WILL
20-12-2005, 02:22 PM
Am I very confused or this is a complete spam?!
Spam removed.