PDA

View Full Version : Alimonsters' site dead for good?

Crisp_N_Dry
08-09-2005, 11:25 AM
I happened to check Alimonsters site recently and it had the message that's been there for a while mentioning him returning sometime soon. However, after checking it today I discovered this www.alistairkeys.co.uk. It would seem it is down never to return. I've brought it up before but nobody seems to know what happened to him. Shame, since he was a big part of this place when I first came here. Perhaps he's lurking.

BlueCat
08-09-2005, 08:34 PM
Yeah, I remember he had some trouble with his domain, it's been like that for a long time. Maybe you visited www.alimonster.co.uk (http://www.alimonster.co.uk) recently, been like that for just over a year now :scratch:

He's out there somewhere I'm sure, wandering the highlands of Scotland alone, muttering through his long grey beard to himself about the 'old days' while silently and slowly working out his grand plan for us all........

He'll no doubt be back when the time is right and when the Great Monster Himself speaks, then we will all understand... and once more all will be well in the world of cross platform object pascal game development :?

Traveler
08-09-2005, 10:26 PM
Yeah, might be fun to see him back one day :)

His new site is indeed still 'under construction'.
I was hoping to find some info on the net about him but a google for Alimonster resulted in very little new info. Most urls go to those stupid searchengines. I did find his profile at gamedev.net, but no luck there either. His last post at GDNet was at June 18, 2004.

Another search however let me to http://digitaldreamer.co.uk/ though, which may appear a bit more hopeful. The maintainer of the site has Alistair Keys alias Alimonster listed under friends. How well he knows him is unclear of course, but it is the closest thing I could find.

Crisp_N_Dry
09-09-2005, 07:56 AM
Could be an interesting sideline, trying to track him down. I had found a few profiles of his on various websites including a Geocaching site (Nothing to do with development, more of a GPS treasure hunt) but not found any recent posts of his anywhere.

He's out there somewhere I'm sure, wandering the highlands of Scotland alone, muttering through his long grey beard to himself about the 'old days' while silently and slowly working out his grand plan for us all........

He'll no doubt be back when the time is right and when the Great Monster Himself speaks, then we will all understand... and once more all will be well in the world of cross platform object pascal game development
I thought wine night was on a Friday? :D

BlueCat
09-09-2005, 12:02 PM
Every night is wine night lately! :lol:

I tried typing 'alimonster' into Google Images and got this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/LastLaughofLaughter/alimonster.jpg

A clue perhaps? :shock:

Traveler
09-09-2005, 12:10 PM
whoa :shock:

Robert Kosek
09-09-2005, 03:28 PM
That's scary! :)

I noticed he was gone a long time ago, almost 2 years back I was searching the forums and trying to DL files from his site, but it never returned. Really disappointing, since I really wanted one of those files, but not like I can remember anymore.