PDA

View Full Version : Fixed Forum problem..

TheLion
25-01-2003, 12:27 PM
I tried to post in the news forum but since that seemed impossible I do it here! :)

BLUECAT YOU ARE A GENIOUS!!! I'm really glad the forum works as it should again... What would we do without you! ;)

BlueCat
25-01-2003, 01:15 PM
Hey wait until we know it's working first, but thanks.

I just knew it would all go wrong as soon as I went away. :D Sorry everyone was waiting for me to get back.

I think it might be election time, who wants to be an Admin???

TheLion
25-01-2003, 01:29 PM
From what I can see everything works perfectly again! :)

I'm quite happy with how things are at the moment, we don't need an admin but a mirror page & db! :)

BlueCat
25-01-2003, 01:33 PM
Yes we do, I'm still not sure how you mirror a phpBB site. We can't be the only site that wants to do it.

I take a backup almost every day, I could set up a 'read only' site and use the latest backup to update if (when) the site goes down.

Would that be enough for most people I wonder?

Alimonster
25-01-2003, 01:41 PM
The "unanswered posts" link didn't look too pretty after the database mess-up! I've already deleted about seven repeat posts by me and there are others I can't touch :roll:.

It's cool to watch the post count slowly dropping, though.

BlueCat
25-01-2003, 01:47 PM
Good point! All those invisible posts will appear now so can all moderators please help each other out deleting them? Thanks

TheLion
25-01-2003, 02:45 PM
As I said in my mails I don't think mirroring is possible without a script running on the server continiously OR by posting each post twice...

I think you could make a duplicate of this forum on another server and make the index.htm link to this one, but when the site is down update the db on the other server change the index.htm to link to the other site. That way the forum would be accessable... I don't know if a readonly forum is enough, ppl mostly want to post too