PDA

View Full Version : My new site & blog

Legolas
18-09-2005, 11:46 PM
Hi all,
after a couple of days passed to reorder my projects, I finally put online a little web page with my last year projects. You can find a couple of tools for gba/ds programming and some stuff for fpc 4 gba, eg. a little lib for gba and a new demo. In the next days I'll add some other demos in mode 4 i made, that use my tool Gba2Pas :P
Incidentally, I started a blog also, so if you want, you can let some comments on it :D

My site: Francesco's knick-knacks (http://itaprogaming.free.fr)
My blog: My drawer of knick-knacks (http://mdokk.blogspot.com)

PS. Ok, I know, I used nearly the same title for both site and blog... but you know... "knick-knack" sounds so good to me :D

WILL
19-09-2005, 10:10 PM
Hey nice blog! :D

No people have 2 places to go for GBA development stuff in Pascal.

Hey, what is the max capacity for those GBA/DS carts anyhow? The NeoLink tool will be handy for getting your work tested on true hardware. Ijust wonder if the GBA stuff will work from a DS cart? It should really, it's just ARM.

So technically you are making GBA/DS demos! ;)

Legolas
19-09-2005, 11:13 PM
Thank you :D
Max capacity depends on SD memory card you use. These memory cards are the same used on digital cameras: you can find a 128 MBytes one for low price. In order to run gba demos, sadly, you must have a gba flash card, because different memory location used to load roms :(
AFAIK, the good thing is that no passme is required and nor firmware update is needed to run ds roms.
My MK2 will be shipped "when september ends (TM)", so I can't say much...

WILL
20-09-2005, 12:14 AM
Ah.. my Kodiak digital camera uses SD memory cards. ;) (It's only a 2MPixels, but great for taking close-up pictures of friends and little touristy things) Actaully I'll be taking it with me to Mexico in Oct. I'll be sure to post some pics here for everyone! ;)

You might even get to see the mysterious Mr. WILL himself... :o lol

Well anyhow, the whole idea of the GBA and DS development is to be 100% GBA(Original/SP/Micro) and DS hardware compatable for possible commercial production.