PDA

View Full Version : My work project went live!

cairnswm
27-09-2005, 08:06 AM
We went live this morning at 7am! Hopefully I get a life back again. I need a nice peaceful project now for a month or so!

We went live with a four tier system. Client front end through IE accessing a Delphi Presentation Layer developed using Delphi 7 and Intraweb. This accesses a Business Rules layer developed in Delphi 7 with web services. That in turn accesses an Oracle database using DBExpress.

Overall about 90000 lines of Delphi Code. About 50 forms, 30 Web Services accessing over 100 tables.

Sly
27-09-2005, 08:35 AM
If it only went live this morning, then I don't think you can rest just yet. I'm sure the stress of however many people all accessing it at the same time will show up a few bugs that got missed in testing.*

But well done in getting it to release. :)

* Speaking from experience.

cairnswm
27-09-2005, 08:52 AM
I know :)

I am on full time standby for the project for the next 3 weeks.

So far in 4 hours we have 1 critical error, 2 medium errors and about 6 low priority errors.

czar
27-09-2005, 05:53 PM
Sounds pretty impressive. Hopefully the rollout will be smooth.

Robert Kosek
27-09-2005, 07:29 PM
Congrats, hope the roll out goes well. ;) That's a pretty big app.

Traveler
27-09-2005, 08:09 PM
Congrats from me as well. Sounds like a huge amount of work has gone into it.

I need a nice peaceful project now for a month or so

Ehhh,.. but you do know there's only a little more than a month left in the 4E4 competition right :roll: :mrgreen:

cairnswm
28-09-2005, 05:12 AM
there's only a little more than a month left in the 4E4 competition right

Why do you think I need a nice quiet project!

Sort of decided there no way to finish the RTS and may do something similar to Run-A-War (You are a ninja - need to raid the pirates, zombies and robots to get items :) )