PDA

View Full Version : C-evo

Sascha Willems
02-10-2005, 02:00 PM
Seems like another slow news weekend, so like yesterday here is another still active game written in Delphi : C-evo ('http://c-evo.org').

It's based on the well-known Civilization (One of Sid Meier's gems) and was created in order to bring in some gameplay changes and correct mistakes of the original. One of the bigger changes is the AI, which is more like a human player and C-evo even allows to write custom AI-plugins. It also allows to create new mods like races, graphics, and much more.

It's been in development for some longer time now, and the most recent release dates to the 30th August 2005. The game is in a very advanced state and is very enjoyable and polished. Moreover you'll find dozens of add-ons, mods and AI-modifications on the downloads page.

On another side-note : Maybe we should create (and actively maintain) a list of games written in Delphi/Pascal (with separate sections for finished and in-progress games) over here at PGD. Since there are some good-looking (mostly freeware/shareware) games out there written with Pascal, that list could become a very good addition to PGD. So tell me what you think of that idea.

Crisp_N_Dry
02-10-2005, 05:55 PM
Dammit, that is one highly polished piece of work. How far along are you. Is it nearly ready 'cause I wanna play the full version ASAP. The user interface looks so damn good. Did you do the graphics work yourself? I never played Civ so I do't know how close to the original it is. Grats on getting it to this stage. Don't give up on this one, i'll never forgive you for it. Nice work. Keep us posted.

[EDIT Typos]

WILL
02-10-2005, 06:10 PM
Civ was a classic! And a must play. ;) Even if you only try free-civ or the modernized version Sid Meyer released called CivNET. Even gameplay hasn't changed much at all since version 2 or 3 even. I believe 4 is coming, no? It's the one with the incredibly insane in-game graphics.

Who is the author of this one Sascha? I know it's been around for a while. Another remake of a classic is the Master Of Magic clone, that seems to have been abandoned.

The game registry idea was brought up by William Cairns and it's something I have planned for one of the site's features. I'm thinking of creating categories though.

They would be something like:

:arrow: Shareware & Commercial
:arrow: Completed Freeware
:arrow: Currently In Development/On-Going Development
:arrow: Abandoned/Canceled

BojZ
02-10-2005, 06:27 PM
Nice work -> downloading now. =]

The Games section idea is a good one. It'd be great to see how many games are (being) created with Pascal.

BojZ

Sascha Willems
02-10-2005, 06:52 PM
The author of it is Steffen Gerlach, not me (cause Crisp_N_Dry's posting sounds like he think's I made it). I played this already a year or two ago and also tried out the recent version and it's more than playable.

The game section, as I mentioned, would be a very good addition to PGD. Maybe we could create a separate thread to discuss it there.

Crisp_N_Dry
02-10-2005, 08:29 PM
Yeah my mistake. Must read posts more thoroughly next time. :D

rif
03-10-2005, 07:45 PM
Maybe we should create (and actively maintain) a list of games written in Delphi/Pascal (with separate sections for finished and in-progress games) over here at PGD.
That would be a really good idea. Somewhat similar but more general there is a Delphi Wiki page that lists all sorts of quality software applications written with Delphi. You can find the list at:

http://delphi.wikicities.com/wiki/Good_Quality_Applications_Built_With_Delphi

It could great to have some more games added to this list, at least the best of the games that are actually completed.

So please, do start a Delphi game list here, with indication whether the game is in development or already being sold/distributed.

Doei RIF

Sly
03-10-2005, 09:57 PM
C-Evo has been around for a long time now. I remember posting about it when I first started on turbo. Back then it was called Civ Evolution.

WILL
04-10-2005, 12:21 AM
I even posed about it on DelphiGamer :lol: only to find out that savage did so there earlier. ;)

Sly
04-10-2005, 03:02 AM
I even posed about it on DelphiGamer :lol: only to find out that savage did so there earlier. ;)
I'm trying to imagine WILL in a pose.

http://billyconn.net/aPhotos/galleries/portraits/seated%20pose.jpg

WILL
04-10-2005, 03:37 AM
:lol:

Naw, I'm usually posing with weapons and in military uniforms. ;)

Sly
04-10-2005, 03:47 AM
Ok. I think I get it now.

http://images.google.com.au/images?q=tbn:xpPDdlecTQ4J:photos1.blogger.com/img/260/4202/640/cat%2520with%2520gun.jpg

savage
04-10-2005, 11:59 AM
Btw, DelphiGamer used to have a Game Regsitry/List. No doubt it could have been better, but it did exist.