PDA

View Full Version : Building Classic 2D Ultima 7 style RPG

LordChandar
04-10-2005, 12:59 PM
I am looking for individuals who want to help with different aspects of the game including the story, quests and dice based rules system I am implementing and the sprite engine. I have the graphic engine already built to a working state. I have a graphic artist working on graphics, and a composer to general music for me already. I made the engine off of the old U6 graphics, and am waiting for the artist to finish at which time I will simply plug my graphics in their place. I am looking to create the classic look and feel of U7, but with 16-bit color graphics and such.

I have an outline of the entire story I wish to realize in the game. As far as the programming goes, I already have a character walking around on a tile map, and I have created my own tile editor to allow one to edit the properties of what I want in the game, and he can use objects in the game, and he can drag and drop. I have implemented a rough battle system and he can kill or be killed, but the system isn't balanced yet. The Dialog engine is also in a workable state. I am writing in Delphi 7 with (Un)DelphiX for DirectX 7 using Direct Draw.

Reply to jcannonb@gmail.com only if you are VERY interested. I became developer years ago to make a game, and this is my shot. This is my passion, and I want others who are fueled by their passion for the same thing. I only make money on this if it sells. I will gladly share any money made with the individuals who help me visualize my dream.