PDA

View Full Version : New tutorial available

Traveler
28-01-2003, 11:03 AM
As some of you may know, I've been working on two tutorials for the past 3 months now. And now finally, I'm happy to report that the first part is finally done :D

If your interested in creating platform games, hop over to my website (http://www.gameprogrammer.net). It's in the tutorial section, third icon.
In this part I show you how to use tiles, how to load them and finally how to scroll through a tilemap. After you have finished it, you'll have the basis done for the next part.

In part two of the tutorial, I take the stuff in part one a bit further and change it into a cool looking platform game.

I hope you'll like it, and if you've got the time please let me know what you think about it...

Thanks.

iLLUNis
02-02-2003, 03:47 PM
my first post after quite a while...:(...ill check it out..thnx

Traveler
11-03-2003, 07:56 AM
A couple weeks ago I started this thread with a message about a new tutorial.

Today, I'm happy to announce my latest work, the second (and final) part of a tutorial series, how to write a platform game.

In this tutorial I continue the work started in part one by showing you how to add items in a the playarea, how to pick them up, how to create other characters and last but not least, I show you how to create a user-controlled character, including the jumping that comes with it :)

If your interested and happen to have some free time available please drop by sometime (http://www.gameprogrammer.net) and have a look.

I'm very curious about any ideas, comments and questions you might have so please let me know what you think...

Ultra
11-03-2003, 12:37 PM
Great job! :P

I always wondered how that jumping thing worked. :wink:

TSmithwick
14-03-2003, 01:54 AM
Really excellent tutorials, my hat is off to you.
Very clear explanantions.

Traveler
14-03-2003, 08:56 AM
Thanks for the compliments :D

Also for the one you wrote on my forum, Terry... those are ones that make it all worthwhile :D

Snape
26-03-2003, 05:40 PM
Pretty good tutorial and also a cool website ;)

Mr_VooDoo
03-05-2003, 11:51 AM
I am very happy to see your tutorials, there are not many in the web so they are very usefull. It is a beatiful site too

Traveler
05-05-2003, 07:15 AM
Thanks for the compliments :D