View Full Version : Protoss Invaders 1.0 released

Muflon
09-11-2005, 09:25 AM
Protoss Invaders is a remake of classic galaxy 2D game for all StarCraft fans,
direct download at http://pig.gradina.net/ProtossInvaders.exe
project page at http://pig.gradina.net/projects.html

savage
09-11-2005, 12:06 PM
Hi the screen shots look good, but which pascal compiler did you use and which technologies?

K4Z
09-11-2005, 01:08 PM
This one isn't that bad, nice work :) .

Though running at 80 fps, the game is a little to fast, just taping the arrows keys makes the ship jump too far :lol: .

The collision detection on the player ship is just a little too big, even the bullets that look like they will miss you, actually hit.

Will check out your other projects aswell :D .

Traveler
09-11-2005, 08:57 PM
A nice game. But to be honest, it gets old real fast.

Some (important) points.

I have to agree with K4Z about the collision detection. You really have to fix that, because its very annoying to see a life go lost by a bullet that was a obvious miss.

Furthermore. The game itself is quite boring. There is way to little variation in the levels. Given the large executable, I suspect new backgrounds may come up after a few missions, but to be honest I didn't came that far.

Add more action. Why have the same enemy setup at each level? It makes the it game a bit pointless. You should give the player something to fight for. There's no sense playing if I know that after the first level, a second level comes up that's exactly the same. (Or the next 30)

Make enemy fighters harder to kill, give em shields, give em movement. Let them fly in formations and/or various flightpaths. Let them drop powerups. I want to play with a multitude of weapons. Missles, lasers, heavy blasters, dualsided proton guns, mini nukes. And I want shields too. And more explosions and different ships to choose from: bombers, fighters etc.

Third, last and perhaps the most important item. You are violating copyrights!

Please do yourself a favour and get rid of any and all Starcraft related material (that includes the name). Blizzard has done it before with a project called FreeCraft, and I see no reason for them to stop there. Sooner or later they will send you a formal letter ordering you to take your game offline. If you're lucky they wont sue you.