PDA

View Full Version : Chrome 1.5 Available Now

WILL
25-11-2005, 07:58 PM
RemObjects Software has just released Chrome 1.5. The new version adds many new features and support for the Microsoft Visual Studio IDE enviroment.

"Version 1.5 introduces full and official support for Microsoft's new Visual Studio 2005 IDE and the .NET 2.0 Framework, providing new language features such as Generics, Iterators and Nullable Types, as well as full IDE support for ASP.NET 2.0, the new 2.0 Form Designer and more."

Chrome is the first Object Pascal compiler of it's kind to support both the .NET 2.0 and Mono Frameworks. The compiler may also be run natively under Mono enviroments. RemObjects is offering a download of the trail version of Chrome 1.5 for Visual Studio. The Command Line Edition and Chrome for Mono are also available for free.

For more information about Chrome visit www.chromesville.com ('http://www.chromesville.com/') or go to the RemObjects Software site ('http://www.remobjects.com/').

LP
25-11-2005, 09:23 PM
Does Borland know they have a competition? I haven't used Chrome much, but it certainly looks much more advanced than Object Pascal for .NET by Borland... :shock:

WILL
25-11-2005, 11:15 PM
I think between Free Pascal, Lazarus and Chrome, they are gonna start to feel the squeeze rather soon.

Sly
26-11-2005, 01:29 PM
Borland are contractually not allowed to make a Visual Studio IDE enhancement. RemObjects, on the other hand, can do so and have done so with great results.

Borland Developer Studio 2006 is on the way, but it still only supports .NET 1.1, the IDE has a lot of problems (they could not get the C++ personality finished in time, so they are calling the C++ personality a "preview"), and is still a bloated, half-cocked, poor imitation of previous versions of the Visual Studio IDE.

Almindor
26-11-2005, 02:23 PM
The squeeze might come but only between delphi and chrome.
Free Pascal is not moving to .NET period. (thank god)

As for the quality I only tried Chrome and it seems rather consistent but I didn't do anything particular with it, on the other hand D2005 is crap.(atleast the free version defenetly was, both compiler and ide)

savage
26-11-2005, 05:05 PM
Borland Developer Studio 2006 is definately better than 2005 and is more stable and more responsive. But I have to agree with Sly and say it has a long way to go.