PDA

View Full Version : If it ain't broke....

BlueCat
04-02-2003, 05:45 PM
Expect site problems over the next 24 hours :fuzzy: . This from f2o:

Well, I'm giving up on our new server for now, it's just not handling this load very well.

I'll be moving f2o.org back to our old server, which is much more stable but a bit slower, over the noon hour here in CST.

Dan

See you on the other side :rambo:

TheLion
04-02-2003, 06:42 PM
lol ... I noticed the probs, the site was down a split second and not and down and not and down and not ... :(

I'm just hoping it'll help against the server crashes and stuff... I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT DGDEV ANYMORE, NOT EVEN FOR 1 HOUR!!!!! :cherry:

BTW, /me LOVES the new smileys! ;)

cairnswm
04-02-2003, 07:08 PM
I'd like to add that DGDev has become the first site I visit each day! (also because it goes down at abut 9am my time :)

Please keep it going :)

Sly
04-02-2003, 10:57 PM
Maybe it's because I'm on the other side of the world, but I've never noticed any down time. :cyclops:

TheLion
05-02-2003, 04:51 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just posted 4 message 1 hour ago and none of them are on the forum anymore!!! :evil:

BlueCat
05-02-2003, 05:38 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just posted 4 message 1 hour ago and none of them are on the forum anymore!!! :evil:

What?!!!!!!:spidy: Were they there just after you posted them? Or did they disappear later? Can you find them by searching or by looking at the 'your posts' link on the index page?

If anyone else is experiencing this please tell me. It might be an idea for mods to change your passwords just in case :evil:

BlueCat
05-02-2003, 06:21 PM
I think this could be the answer Lion :(

The move is complete as of 10am CST on the 5th. There may have been some cases where data was updated between the last time I replicated the servers and when the actual switch happened.

For example, my post in this forum about FTP being down while I made the switch is gone.

If anyone notices anything, or wants me to take a look at missing data, just lemme know!

Hopefully benig back on our old server will put an end to the horrible service we've been providing lately.

Thanks much!!

Dan

There was nothing I could have done about that I'm afraid :roll:

I hope the switch back to the old server gives us a least a few days of no downtime!

If you were here in November and December you'll know that we didn't have much (if any) downtime at all. It's just been the last month that's been difficult.

And please can everyone be extra nice to TheLion, he's had a bad day :drunk:

TheLion
05-02-2003, 09:32 PM
There was nothing I could have done about that I'm afraid

I'm not blaming you BlueCat, not at all! :) If someone should be praised for this forum it's you! ;)

I'll post them again, but things like this happen when websites are being moved, so imagine what happens if a provider is moved?!? :)

And I said before and I'll say it again, I have almost never seen a free hosting provider with php and mysql support that runs as smoothly as f2o, however they have their problems too, however I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this switch to the old server prevents much downtime, since I just can't miss DGDev for 1 hour! It makes me sad if DGDev is down... :(

BTW. I love the new newsline (or how you call it) on the main forum, that keeps us up to date! :) Keep up the good work BlueCat! :)

And please can everyone be extra nice to TheLion, he's had a bad day

Thanks! :) Lines like this make me feel better allready! :D