PDA

View Full Version : Nitrogen's TCP/IP Networking Example

WILL
22-12-2005, 05:51 PM
Michael Pote (aka Nitrogen) has released on his site not too long ago a small demo of how to use Delphi 7's TTCPclient and TTCPserver objects to make a pair of networking client and server programs.

This is great if you are just learning or want to learn more about the winsock API. Plus all code is commented to make it easy to understand.

Get Nitrogen's TCP/IP Networking Example source and demos at www.sulaco.co.za/nitrogen/ ('http://www.sulaco.co.za/nitrogen/')

Traveler
22-12-2005, 07:24 PM
Sounds interesting! Too bad Delphi 7 PE does not come with components required for this demo :(

tux
22-12-2005, 08:01 PM
demo doesnt work :/ connection refused on what ever port i use (and access violation if i trace the code through).

strange delphi

Robert Kosek
22-12-2005, 09:17 PM
Check your firewall's passthrough settings on the port it's using. Had this kinda error recently.

Nitrogen
24-12-2005, 09:20 PM
Sorry about that..

Bear in mind that this is my first Winsock app, so it's not very forgiving!
It seems to be pretty hard to get a connection going in the first place...
Make sure you've got the server listening first then you try to connect a client..

And if that fails you can always try to connect to localhost (127.0.0.1) that's yourself. So you can run the server and the client from the same app..